ancha666
      Bronze
      Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with 6 6
      UTG raises to $0.5, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.5 (pot was $0.65), Hero calls $0.5 (pot was $1.15), 2 folds, Button calls $0.5 (pot was $1.65), 2 folds.

Flop: K 6 A ($2.15, 4 players)
      UTG bets $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25 (pot was $2.4), Hero raises to $1.2, Button folds, UTG calls $0.95 (pot was $3.85), MP1 calls all-in $0.85.

Turn: 2 ($5.65, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $5.45, Sidepot 1: $0.2)
      UTG bets $1.5, Hero raises to $3, UTG raises to $5.5, Hero calls $2.5 (pot was $12.65).

River: 2 ($16.65, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $5.45, Sidepot 1: $11.2)
      UTG bets $4.5, Hero ???[/color].

Results:

I suppose you can see my mistake :P

just like few hands before I was holding AKs on A36 rainbow board (I bet, villain called) and got bustoo by...what you think.
      And just a minute later on other table I see this hell of a board! Well...I don't know...this was big mistake...but not because I lost my hole stack but because I didn't think what I was doing. I was just..."OH LOOK, my pocket 6s caught their friend, this is the moment I will get back all mid-pair's dead money invested after dead flop for me. this fish is MAYBE holding sth like Ax, maybe JJ or even AK (this was my last thought)...

well...feel free to comment my play anyway, how the hell would you fold this one? Yes you can!!!
      And next time I will take more time and be more careful and not sticking just to "this is winning hand"...
  • 5 replies
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      Tough situation here, from the looks of villain's betting (ie: raising $0.5 UTG) I would put him on QQ/KK/AA/AK, so you're in a tough spot. Obviously you're hoping for QQ or AK, but you can't be sure if you have the nuts or not, but your hand is still strong.

You have the odds to call PF, and you get lucky to hit the set, but it's still a dangerous board @ this point, so I'd focus on pot control.

Nice raise on the flop, but after his call I'd be inclined to flat call the turn and river. If he's holding KK or AA you don't bust out, but if he's thinking his AK or QQ is good, you pick up a nice pot here.

Either way it's a tough situation, so I suppose the best way to avoid this is to fold 66 from MP when you have a big raise and a call in front of you....

Just my opinion, but I'm broke and playing freerolls, so what do I know? ;)
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      3$ at the flop go broke ;)
      You dont want to see a :heart: because it kills
      the action.

UTG is fish if he played AA or KK that way.
      Make a note 5 bb raise with monster.

*edit

@ theloniousbones 90% of your winnings at Fr tables come
      from Setmining
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      @ Cojak:

How does a heart kill the action here? Suppose you're right and UTG is on a flush draw, let's say A:heart: Q:heart: , then the 2:heart: is money in the bank for Hero.

I agree that setmining is very profitable, but with this flop isn't check-calling for pot control a safer bet here? Or are you advocating a push on the flop to discourage any draw hands?

I've played a lot @NL10 there's a lot of fish there, so I guess it's just my reaction to put him on that range. In my experience, most players at that limit will still flat call on a draw, so I guess I'm just looking for a little clarification on your evaluation....
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      Set over set is just a cooler, I can't ever see me not going broke here...

Seriously pot control with a set? :)
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      @theloniousbones

and if the 2 :heart: comes at the turn he will not go broke easly
      and you get only action with hands that beat you.

At the flop you are 70/30 vs AQ :heart:
      so you want the money in the pot.

Dont slowplay on drawy boards!