[NL2-NL10] Flop Allin with Trips

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

With this hand, was I correct in calling the shove on the flop? I figured only real hand that hand me beat was KK, and if the player had had that, they would likely have re-raised me preflop.

Also, if the flop had NOT been a rainbow, would I act differently against a shove?

Cheers!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.11
      BU:
      $1.45
      SB:
      $0.83
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.22
      UTG2:
      $0.78
      MP1:
      $2.05
      MP2:
      $2.17
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.41

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 8, K, 2 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.98, Hero calls $1.38.

Turn: ($4.06) K (2 players)

River: ($4.06) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.06.
      Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, kings full of eights(K 8).
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of kings(8 8).

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of eights(K 8).
  • 4 replies
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Hi!

Its not a mistake,you cant fear with the nuts(with KK he would raise most of the times preflop),but i would just call his raise,to not make him fold his Kx hands,there are two hands that he would broke on flop:K8 and 22 if he is a normal player,and you can put your money in ,on turn and river if you just call the flop raise.

If the flop is not a rainbow then i would prefer to go all in on the flop,for protection,but you cant fold, only if its a one color flop or there can be many straights out,and you are convinced that someone has the flush or straight.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

There is never-ever we gonna fold the hand on flop. We pretty much have the nuts. Just got unlucky, don't be results oriented!

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

So with the nuts I'm correct in trying to get all in? Or should I have just called his first (20c) raise?

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rudders93
      Hi,

So with the nuts I'm correct in trying to get all in? Or should I have just called his first (20c) raise?

Thanks!
      With the position you could as well Call it. :) Since you can't be scared of much. We are going broke here anyways but the question is if he is capable of going broke with just 1pair or something similar?