This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flop Allin with Trips

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

With this hand, was I correct in calling the shove on the flop? I figured only real hand that hand me beat was KK, and if the player had had that, they would likely have re-raised me preflop.

Also, if the flop had NOT been a rainbow, would I act differently against a shove?

Cheers!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.11
      BU:
      $1.45
      SB:
      $0.83
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.22
      UTG2:
      $0.78
      MP1:
      $2.05
      MP2:
      $2.17
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.41

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 8, K, 2 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.98, Hero calls $1.38.

Turn: ($4.06) K (2 players)

River: ($4.06) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.06.
      Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, kings full of eights(K 8).
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of kings(8 8).

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of eights(K 8).
  • 4 replies
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Hi!

Its not a mistake,you cant fear with the nuts(with KK he would raise most of the times preflop),but i would just call his raise,to not make him fold his Kx hands,there are two hands that he would broke on flop:K8 and 22 if he is a normal player,and you can put your money in ,on turn and river if you just call the flop raise.

If the flop is not a rainbow then i would prefer to go all in on the flop,for protection,but you cant fold, only if its a one color flop or there can be many straights out,and you are convinced that someone has the flush or straight.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

There is never-ever we gonna fold the hand on flop. We pretty much have the nuts. Just got unlucky, don't be results oriented!

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

So with the nuts I'm correct in trying to get all in? Or should I have just called his first (20c) raise?

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rudders93
      Hi,

So with the nuts I'm correct in trying to get all in? Or should I have just called his first (20c) raise?

Thanks!
      With the position you could as well Call it. :) Since you can't be scared of much. We are going broke here anyways but the question is if he is capable of going broke with just 1pair or something similar?