UTG ($10.31)
      UTG+1 ($3.19)
      Hero ($10)
      MP1 ($10.94)
      MP2 ($14.74)
      CO ($9.38)
      BTN ($4.53)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) K:club: Q:heart: 2:heart:

Hero bets $0.54, CO calls $0.54

TURN ($1.83) K:club: Q:heart: 2:heart: 4:heart:

Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.63) K:club: Q:heart: 2:heart: 4:heart: 6:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $7.64 (AI), Hero calls $7.64

CO shows 3:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 26.5%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 73.5%, Turn 22.7%)

CO wins $17.97

i check the river for pot controll but he shoved :( can i fold this ?
  • 5 replies
    • aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      That river huge raise is a very strong tip that a strong hand are helded by villain. So, your hand is beat and just fold it.
      In turn you need wonder why are you raising? If you are raising for protection against fourth heart, you should bet more (about 2\3 of pot).
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aboesing
      That river huge raise is a very strong tip that a strong hand are helded by villain. So, your hand is beat and just fold it.
      On turn you need to wonder why are you raising? If you are raising for protection against fourth heart, you should bet more (about 2\3 of pot).
      +1
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      aboesing, I'd guess the bet on the turn is for value, with the added reason for protection. However the primary reason for betting is is value, so he should bet whatever he thinks his opponent will call with worse :)

As the river goes, I think you can find a tough fold here, however I think you should bet/fold the river, about $2 there will get him to call with worse, but he won't shove with anything you beat so you can safely fold to a shove. If you're checking for pot control on the river why aren't you checking the turn for pot control? (Not that I recommend it), as the river is pretty much a blank so nothing has changed. If you were beat on the turn you're beat on the river, if you were ahead on the turn you're almost definitely ahead on the river.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i was thinking it was to passive to check the turn i was betting for value to be honest and praying for a paired board on the river when he called i was thinking for a set to or a flush but shoving the river with a flush out there made it more like a flush or a bluff :(

its so hard to fold some times even when you know the money are not gonna come your way :f_frown:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I understand your pain :D It is so hard to fold a set on a 3 to a flush board, but sometimes we just have to do it :) Then you shouldn't feel bad about folding a set, but feel good for making such a good fold :s_cool: However I still think you should be betting the river for value here, as he can call you down with KQ, Kx, maybe Qx. When you get raised I think it's then an easy fold, as nothing you beat raises here (Except, very maybe 22).