three of a kind vs flushdraw

• Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      On NL2, i had 55 on the on the BB with 4 limpers before the flop.

I hit 5 on the flop but there was also a flushdraw,
      SB bets 1BB, i raise to 7BB, 3 fold

SB reraises, doubling my raise, i respond with going all in (SB is shortstacked, 1\4 of my stack)

SB calls, hits flush on turn and wins.

I know this was not optimal play, but i want to know what would you do?
  • 5 replies
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      If wht u did is not optimal then i don't know wht is?? 4 limpers and u r out of position and it's NL2 too. U had to to get it in there.You got it in really good on the flop!! Dont worry about the outcome. U'll definitely win in the long term.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Why not?

You hit your set (which is almost guaranteed to be the best hand at the moment) but the board is dangerous, you should only be concerned with getting it in as soon as possible and not giving cheap cards... which you seemed to succeed at.
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      ok i stand corrected, thanks
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      A set is about a 3:1 favorite over a flush draw on the flop. That means 1 time in 4 you will lose. In case you get all-in and lose, this does not mean you made a bad play. Poker is about taking good gambles, not being psychic.

By the way, although you got your money in ahead, this doesn't mean you outplayed your opponent. Many flush draws should be played strongly.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Not a bad play whatsoever, id be willing to go all in against a combodraw never mind a normal flushdraw.