UTG+1: $26.08
      MP1: $32.58
      MP2: $7.70
      CO: $24.65
      BTN: $17.60
      Hero (SB): $47.35

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 5 :diamond: 5 :spade:
      5 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.50) 5 :heart: A :heart: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $1.10, Hero raises to $2.20, BB folds, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: ($5.90) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero raises to $4, BTN raises to $14.90 all in, Hero calls $10.90

River: ($35.70) 6 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 9 replies
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      the other person had a6s.
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      I need some tips. A minute ago I went prelfop all in with AA, after reraises from the other guy, I had hoped for that. the Other guy had QQ and callt my all in. Of course, first thing that happens is that his Q falls.
      This happens to me all the time. I can whine about that, and I did. and said to myself stop it.

But I wonder, if luck is such a factor with worse opponents against me ( I read a lot about poker), can I win? The big hands I DO win in, is in which I have the absolute best hand. But the ones I lose in are for instance on the turn, I go all in with the best and the other one gets lucky on the river. How to prevent this from happening all the time? Sorry I seem so desperate.... But I am set on becoming better.
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      I have an all in expected value of + 24. But my stakes? -40 today... Whine whine, cry cry (but that doesn't solve a thing). Fact is, I haven't been able to win at all since I started taking poker seriously and studied it. I won't start tilting, but I think my good play (which of course, can be improved, but overall I am content with decisions I made) should be rewarded one day.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Silver
      sure you can win! and you did win putting it all in with AA cause was the right think to do!

keep doing the right , dont tilt take the right decisions and soon you will be a winner over time ofcourse you cant loose every time you have AA and the other one calls with QQ

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 82.229% 81.97% 00.26% 1403604 4411.00 { AcAd }
      Hand 1: 17.771% 17.51% 00.26% 299878 4411.00 { QcQd }

good play can not overcome luck! the gap is to huge go for it :D
      you only lost a battle

(i most wrote this for my self cause i had the same issues!! got so tilted today almost killed my self but you got the point :f_love: )
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      thank you for your encouraging message :P ! I will just try again, while I keep studying. OH yeah, are you doing better now?
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Silver
      yea after a 3buy in loss i manage to get everything back and stoped :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nixnatasjanix,

This is just a bad play than a bad beat. :)

Flop: First of all the flop Check/Raise is just HORRIBLE. You are giving him perfect odds for a draw. I'd definitely raise it at least $4.

As played
      Turn: Huh? FD completed and you are going for a Check/Raise?!?!?!? You are just making a lot worse hands to fold, rather Bet yourself and then reevaluate the further actions.

Best regards.
    • nixnatasjanix
      nixnatasjanix
      Bronze
      Thank you for your advice.
      While I could play better, I still think this is a bad beat. Because he did not seem like a strong player. The most honored Doyle Brunson says in his book that with players you might have an edge on, you don't have to play quite as aggressively. Hence the check raise.

And he went all in with 2 pair on the turn, at that point my hand dominated his.
      I find it hard to protect my stack against this.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      In this case opponent had only two pair, however typically you will be up against a flush in the situation described above.

The min-raise on the flop wouldn't have been big enough to get any flush draws to fold as they have the odds to call. On the turn the line taken is very aggressive, its harder to call a re-raise than to call the initial bet, so most Ax hands will typically give up where you could have got another call by leading yourself. The hands that will call / pus will typically include a lot of completed flushes, so you have isolated your hand against a stronger range on the turn.

Of course, if you were against a flush, the board pairing would have given you a FH and you would have won. The result doesn't define how good the play was however, as I'm sure you know from your experiences described.