Hey guys!

• Fifi1988
      Fifi1988
      Bronze
      Hey everyone!

I just finished through the registration phase and am waiting for Pokerstrategy to verify the images I sent for ID confirmation :)
      Can't wait to get started in PartyPoker and improve my game.
      My thanks to Pokerstrategy for the opportunity and knowledge, hope I can get myself up there among other greats in this community!
  • 13 replies
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Nice to hear you have chosen PartyPoker as your poker site (I'm playing there, and it's great).

I wish you good luck in your poker career, keep us updated on how it's going ;)
    • montyrebel
      montyrebel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fifi1988
      Hey everyone!

I just finished through the registration phase and am waiting for Pokerstrategy to verify the images I sent for ID confirmation :)
      Can't wait to get started in PartyPoker and improve my game.
      My thanks to Pokerstrategy for the opportunity and knowledge, hope I can get myself up there among other greats in this community!
      i am at the same stage as you at the moment, signed up the other day and sent jpegs of my id for verification tonight, welcome to the community
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome to pokerstrategy.com :P
    • Fifi1988
      Fifi1988
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, I will keep you updated once I get started, I'm thinking of focusing only on SnGs, but I do prefer playing shorthanded ones instead of full tables.

I wonder if there are any strategies or articles relating to that, because I can't seem to find any...?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Fifi1988,

first of all, a warm welcome to the community! :) we are glad to have you around. i'm more of a cash game player but i do know that we have plenty of SNG articles here :) i do not think they deal specifically with 6max or 9/10max, but more of concepts which you can use for both. you can find them here. you will be able to access more as you move up in ranks :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#bronze

after your documents have been verified, pls allow around 48 working hours for money to arrive in your account. you will be automatically upgraded to bronze status then. :)

so where are you from? have you played poker long?

look forward to hearing more about you.

smiles,
      wendy
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Welcome and good luck at the tables :)
    • Fifi1988
      Fifi1988
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone, but I guess I won't be receiving my starting capital of $50..?
      I sent over a picture of my utility bill, a picture of me holding my passport and also a copy of my passport, but still for some reason its unsuccessful and I am not allowed to try again..

I understand that some people might have taken advantage of the system and done some fraudulent activities, but it sucks for the people that don't even get a chance to try.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Welcome matey! Hey no big deal - if you can deposit to get started, the offers you get for being a member of ps.com are just as good value as starting $50

Plus the infamous Roopooper LIVES here

Where the Roobot at?
    • Fifi1988
      Fifi1988
      Bronze
      Thanks for the encouragement! I will most likely deposit money into an account sometime soon and start building on it, but I thought the whole point of Pokerstrategy is to build a community, train them and give them a FREE chance to build their bankroll, without the need of an initial investment yourself.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      that's really true Fifi1988, great insights you have there.
      that scenario indeed carries on without a glitch most of the time.

the ID checks were put in place as a necessary measure to protect the site and its members from rampant fraud that the free $ attracts. unfortunately, even with due diligence, there are of course a few legitimate members who are affected by it. sadly we cannot overturn the security department's decision in these matters.

sorry to hear you didnt pass the check :( dont fret too much though. as the others have mentioned, that's really only the tip of the iceberg. there is so much valuable material here on the site which you will still be able to access by playing on any of our affiliate rooms. also, some rooms offer small free $ apart from the starting capital, you can check it out here.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/free-poker

look forward to have you learning with us. hope this doesnt mean you give up. some members who have failed the id check have even gone on to become moderators of the community :)

update us on what you've decided! :D
    • Fifi1988
      Fifi1988
      Bronze
      Hehe thanks for the comment purplefizz :) It's alright I deposited $100 to start with and have been playing mainly $1 and $3 SH SNGs for now, have gotten my balance up to $218 for now, hopefully i can keep up the good run :)

From my old habits I'm really tempted to play higher limits but I'm fighting not to :P And I still haven't found any videos or materials in helping with SH SNGs... All of them are mainly full table videos and articles. Or do I need a higher membership in order to access that material?

Best of luck to you all! :P
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I think there is nothing about 6max sngs. But you can still learn a lot from the fr ones.
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome