tips?

• SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Tomorrow i am going to deposit 30$, i am thinking about partypoker...
      I like playing SNG do you guys know where are the most profitable SNGs?
      And you guys guys have some tips for me?
      I also like tournaments, buy not as mush as SNGs.

P.S.
      i am thinking about making a thread and posting whats happening to my bankroll so you guys can help me. :)
  • 7 replies
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hi there SRBSavic1!

I am myself a SNG player so maybe I can help you a bit with that question.

Pokerstars has the best traffic for SNGs at the moment, you will find many tables open at any time of the day at pretty much any limit.

Partypoker is pretty good as well for SNGs, traffic is decent and the limits they offer is not bad.

Beside that, on the other rooms you will find the skill level of the players to be less good a little but the traffic will be very bad. Maybe you will have to wait a little for games to start or multitabling will be hard.

That said, good luck on your SNG journey, don't hesitate to create a blog here to tell us about your progress :

Your Poker Blogs

Remember that bankroll management is the key to any kind of poker so make sure you play the lowest limit avalaible.

Regards
    • ad258
      ad258
      Bronze
      Hey.

Judging by your $30 deposit i assume you are wanting to play to play roughly $1 buy-in? Thats what I'm currently playing on partypoker so I'll give my views on that. I'm certainly not an expert though, played around 300 SNGs and still have roughly my $50 start.

The three mains observations I have with partypoker are:
      + Always plenty of games.
      - Massive rakes at micro (imo), from $1 buy in, 20c of that is tournament fee and 80c goes towards winnings
      - Quite a few fish but not as many as 888 (imo).

Another important point to note is the SNGs are turbo with 3 minute blinds. Thats too fast imo.

Because of this I'm thinking of changing rooms as I think other rooms will be more suited to me and more profitable.

Thats just my opinion though, I don't have much experience with other rooms.
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      pokerstars is up and running?
      i've heard that something happened to pokerstars similar to full tilt, when i open pokerstars i cant even find a deposit button :D and i only see play money games...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh wow, i just cant express my overflowing happiness that the magnificent stevegold is back on our forums. :f_love: like, really, dude. :heart:

also really appreciate your help there ad258. makes me really happy to see our members helping out :)

hi SRBSavi1, :) pokerstars is running for me. (it never stopped actually)... have you downloaded the latest update? what country are you playing from?

smiles,
      wendy
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Serbia
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      its ok now, i reinstalled it and its perfect now
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yay! good to hear you've sorted it out :)