[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Massive loss on failed semi-bluff

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Felt that raise on the flop would be the most profitable play, any bluffs will fold & most PP's.

As villian pushed I felt the equity of the flush draw (& overcards may have outs potentially) obliged me to call and hope to hit.

Better to have played this hand passively and get money in only when flush hits?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0.34
      UTG1:
      $2.4
      Hero:
      $2.79

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      UTG1 raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.07, 6 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.22) T:spade: , T:club: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.76, BB folds, UTG1 raises to $2.33 (All-In), Hero calls $1.57.

Turn: ($4.88) 7:heart:
      River: ($4.88) 4:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ah Ac)
      Hero shows (As Js)

UTG1 wins with two-pair, aces and tens (Ah Ac)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

A bit overplayed your hand on flop. I rarely doubt that he is folding his overpair here. Rather take the implied odds and just Call and reevaluate it on further streets, might even isolate yourself against better hands.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I would fold over-pair on a paired board here, even AA assuming the opponent isn't too aggressive, is that a leak in my game?!

Agreed that I overplayed my hand a bit, correct odds to call the shove once I had 'trapped' myself?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      I would fold over-pair on a paired board here, even AA assuming the opponent isn't too aggressive, is that a leak in my game?!

Agreed that I overplayed my hand a bit, correct odds to call the shove once I had 'trapped' myself?
      You might fold but you will never know if the opponent is capable of doing that.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Just to add, thanks for your evaluations as always, its appriciated.

Feel like my play has been improving in general, even if my results have not been quite as good over the last couple of days.

Still, on a positive I have been less concerned about the results, more about the play, I assume/hope that the results will take care of themselves in time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Just to add, thanks for your evaluations as always, its appriciated.

Feel like my play has been improving in general, even if my results have not been quite as good over the last couple of days.

Still, on a positive I have been less concerned about the results, more about the play, I assume/hope that the results will take care of themselves in time.
      That's what a lot people can't do. You have to ignore the results and rather try to continue playing and keep your A-game. If you fix your leaks and continue playing according the correct play you will definitely earn money. :)