Phgrinder
      Bronze
      BB: $5.86 (29.3 bb)
      MP: $40.43 (202.1 bb)
      CO: $5.43 (27.2 bb)
      BTN: $63.48 (317.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20.91 (104.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: A:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, BTN calls $1.30

Flop: ($4.20) A:diamond: 3:club: 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.20, BTN raises to $6.40, ???

im trying to do the math here, current potsize is 10.6 and we need to call 3.20 to win 13.8

so 3.20 / 13.8 = 23% equity

if we put villain on a range of 66, 33, AcKc, AcQc, AJs, AQo+ he has 53.10%
      hero has 46.90%

is my math correct to say that i can make a call since pot odds says we have 23 equity and equilator gives us 46.9???
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dwyt84,

Depends for that do you need the math here? :> Villain has still a lot left and therefore it's really up to the question how we should play our hand. Either to Call or just ship it or even fold? If I am planning to continue here then rather just ship it to protect our hand. If he has the Ax then he is anyways paying.

But again the question actually would be preflop raise? If you are doing such a raise preflop then of course you are trying to balance your line with bluffs but now again you are giving like 17:1 odds for set mining which ain't even that bad, ain't forcing him to make a mistake.

Best regards.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      i did the math for shoving purposes. i my calculations are correct its a winning shove in the long run right?

Originally posted by veriz

But again the question actually would be preflop raise? If you are doing such a raise preflop then of course you are trying to balance your line with bluffs but now again you are giving like 17:1 odds for set mining which ain't even that bad, ain't forcing him to make a mistake.

im 3betting 10bbs already pre. should i have made it around 12 - 14bbs and ship go over the top if he 4bets me?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think i'm calling him down here. There's not much point shipping it over the top as it forces AQ+/AJs+ to fold (usually) and isolates us against AcXc or sets, which we only have 16% equity against. So here I call him down, if a club falls and he continues aggression I just fold, as that brings a lot more hands into the equation that beat us :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He is never gonna continue his bluffs here anyways. So rather ship it on flop while we don't want to give him a free card like we check the turn he Checks behind and river is a . :D

i did the math for shoving purposes. i my calculations are correct its a winning shove in the long run right?

If you did put the villain on such a range then sure it's a winning shove. :) And as I said with your calculations you can't do much, he still has money left. And if we want to calculate the equity then we have to take into account the other part as well.

im 3betting 10bbs already pre. should i have made it around 12 - 14bbs and ship go over the top if he 4bets me?

On those limits I would recommend doing it bigger since we mostly going for a 3bet with only value hands.