Starting out

• Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I was wondering whats the recommendation on the type of game to start out?
      I've played no limit mainly, but is it better to start off the bank roll with sit n go + limit?
  • 8 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Personally I recommend Fixed-Limit. I don't think it's a good choice to start with SnGs. Simply the $50 starting money is not a proper bankroll for SnGs. Anyway, it's totally up to you.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Sai7,

I wouldn't recommend SNGs either since you simple dont have enough buy-ins to play on the safe side of variance. I would recommend either Fixed Limit or NL using the SSS Strategy - especially if you are rather new to online Poker.

After you have cleared the Bonus using SSS or playing FL - your Bankroll should be large enough to switch - should you want to.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      ok thanks, i think i'll go for the fixed limit instead then
    • TheReplicator
      TheReplicator
      Bronze
      Hi Sai7,

you should receive your 50$ within the next 48 hours. Please be patient.

Best regards,
      Tobi
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      LoL, thanks for the info.. ?( haha
    • rjacobs003
      rjacobs003
      Bronze
      I actually started out a few weeks back playing the 90-man $1 SNG's and single table $1 SNG's on Full Tilt. Pretty much breaking even as I clear the bonus at the moment but it's been good tournament experience. I also seriously recomment the 90-man $3 bounty tournaments. The nice thing about these 90-man tourniers is that FT is one fo the few sites offering deep stacks at these levels so you get nice bang for your buck.
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      I'm a bit afraid of playing such a large field, usually when i play tournaments [never actually tried a 90 player sit n go] i usually just make it into money, which means it usually isnt worth the effort. I might try them once i build up a bit of a bankroll though, but $3 seems a bit much to me atm.

Btw, what sort of programs do people use at beginning levels? Or do i work my way up to 2000 points and higher limits before i actually need to use programs?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Sai7,

The lower levels are beatable without PokerTracker/PokerACE if you play solidly. Especially with the SSS since there is not all too much room for mixing it up. We are in fact currently working on our own software (Elephant)
      but that will still take a while.

Regards,
      SoyCD