[NL2-NL10] 2nl sh AK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi, im trying to get my head round sh and i ran into this. its happened 2 times already today..

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $4.62
      Hero:
      $2.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.02 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.42.

Flop: ($4.07) 8:spade: , 6:heart: , 6:diamond:
      Turn: ($4.07) 3:spade:
      River: ($4.07) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows two-pair, jacks and sixes (Jh Jd)
      Hero shows (Ac Kh)

MP3 wins with two-pair, jacks and sixes (Jh Jd)

dont realy know if it was right...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

The problem with this case is that if he 4bets you he will often have a stronger range. And at the best you can get a coinflip here, do you want to take it? If you want then sure go for it, although myself I am not a big fan.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well the reason why i did it is because i read you need to be willing to go all in preflop with AK when SH but every time i've done it i've gone broke so i dont know if i will keep doing it... thanks for the feedback
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      well the reason why i did it is because i read you need to be willing to go all in preflop with AK when SH but every time i've done it i've gone broke so i dont know if i will keep doing it... thanks for the feedback
      Lets take it this way. What kind of range do you expect the opponent to go broke? If we take him as some reg.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well i know regs in FR tend to not go broke with anything less than AA/KK and since i had the AK it's unlikely he has the same hand so i think i definitely should have folded it. so i should be more willing to put someone else all in with AK rather than call an all in with AK? just like i should be more willing to raise with a hand like AT (e.g.) than i am willing to call a raise with the same hand...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      well i know regs in FR tend to not go broke with anything less than AA/KK and since i had the AK it's unlikely he has the same hand so i think i definitely should have folded it. so i should be more willing to put someone else all in with AK rather than call an all in with AK? just like i should be more willing to raise with a hand like AT (e.g.) than i am willing to call a raise with the same hand...
      With the AK the thing is that we rather try to pick such opponents who like to 3bet a lot and not for just 100hands sample. But rather we see the table dynamics and we know that he is 3betting like. Against those we can practically consider shipping AK but not against rather tighter players who don't 3bet much. Since at the best against them we get a flip but could be already far-far behind.