vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $2.53

50 0 25 17
      MP3: $0.72
      2.2 33 38 18

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Ac, Ks (
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) Jc, 9c, 2d (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP3 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.02) Ah (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP3 calls $0.24 (All-In).

I had him on a semi-bluff here. I thought he had Ax, probably without a king kicker. I had some history with this guy in the hands leading up to this, his range was very wide.

River: ($1.50) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.50

Results:
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Ks)
      MP3 shows a straight, ace high (Kd Qh)

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high (Kd Qh)

I'm not too disheartened about losing on the river, however... did I play this hand poorly?
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi there Zaeros,

This thread was created in the Discussion Forums, but it should rightfully belong in the hand evaluation forums. (you will see it as a subforum above). I will move it there now. Just want to flag that so you will create it in the proper section next time and so that our awesome hand judges can see it and comment on it :)

Also it helps if you take a look at our hand evaluation rules. ive highlighted one below, but you can read the link for more info :)

5. Use a hand converter.
      Nothing is more painstaking and time consuming than trying to piece together the pieces of an unconverted hand.
      You can use the PokerStrategy.com Hand Converter to convert hands from the most popular poker platforms:
      PokerStrategy.com Poker Hand Converter

These rules help our hand evaluation forum run more smoothly. Thanks so much for your cooperation. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to let me know ;)

smiles,
      wendy
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      My bad, Purplefuzz.... :s_cool:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      code:
      MP2 (2.53)
      MP3 (0.72)

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) J:club: , 9:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP3 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.02) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP3 calls $0.24 (All-In).

River: ($1.50) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Ks)
      MP3 shows a straight, ace high (Kd Qh)

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high (Kd Qh)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      no problem :)
      in my opinion you were just unlucky. the cbet on flop is fine. a 50/17 player has really wide range which you are almost always ahead of. but probably if the cbet will amount to almost his whole stack already, you can probably shove flop just as well.
      im sure the wonderful gerv will come by shortly to give his expert opinion. ;) cheers.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Thanks Wendy :)

Your opponent has only 20bb which makes this hand a bit difficult to play because as you can see, Villain has rarely something left on the Turn. As Purplefizz suggests shoving the Flop is most of the times a good alternative since you will rarely improve on the Turn ( Only roughly 12% of the time)

Best regards,
      Gerv