Gadget Put The F** Down Here

• 3 replies
    • vuckom1
      I just want to say that your explanation about a break even calculation was not correct.
      2 examples:

pot 100$
      to call: 50$ = 1:2 = 33% equity needed
      50$ (to call)/150$ (to win) = 33% needed equity

pot 120$
      to call: 30$ = 1:4 = 20% equity needed

You said that this method is incorrect and you used some longer calculations. You got the same result, though. Only want to say that reeSSult was also right. :)
    • gadget51
      Ok nico You may not answer this if you so desire but I will ask and see what the responses are, because I am that persistent. :D

10 seat table (FR) and Hero in UTG/UTG+1/UTG+2, [generally EP]

SB posts 2c
      BB posts 5c
      Hero raises to 20c
      Villain raises to 60c (standard 3bet - important bet size) from MP2 [generally MP]

MP is laying EP 2.22 pot odds, therfore MP needs Hero in EP to fold 69% of time to break even.

Now, to combat this agressive MP with 3bet of ex 10%, I want to find a range of hands to spoil MP's profit and exploitation of me using his position.

So, I would like your opinion on this because I haven'ta clue if it's right or not, I've just been playng with numbers and stuff is all. OK, end of preamble. :)

Keeping math simple, if I play 100 hands from EP I would liketha t100 hand sto be spoiling MPs break even range.
      I don't want to call I dont think, because that gives MP a look at the flop IP which obviously is like a free flop, yeauck!
      So, I fold or reraise = very polarized I know but seems sensible?

Ok, I want to play back with 31% but that gives a free flop if I cal so I reraise with 33% of my 100 hand range or fold. Ok?

AA = 6
      KK = 6
      QQ = 6
      AK = 16
      total = 34 = cool

This is my nuts range. Notice it beats his break even if I only play back with these.

right so I'm not inlcuding all my range here, but if you want I can post it. I am just making ranges up and comparing hem to the 3bet size.

So, what if I'm raising with say 89s and 67s and T9s, -which are included in my 100 hand range - and get 3bet? It doesnt matter because I fold and laugh and he makes a few cents, ok.

This happens 2/3 of the time, but 1/3 of the time he runs into my nuts range and I profit.

I think we generally break even but I could be wrong and may depend on other dynamics I don't know.

Also, if I'm playing like this I think I must have a limping range even though it doesnt seem to be recommended and I hate limping anyway! Lol. This is because when I raise wnd get 3bet I think being polarized gives me the biggest advantage, beause then I canoot be read as just having the nuts if I 4bet?

Which brings me to 4bet bluff range. I think I need this to but am still working on it.

I hope you can understand my gibberish becaue I have only started thinking about this since you and hasenbraten began teaching me about equity and stuff and I think just leaving the table is like giving up and I never have.

Finally, thank you very much for your time and effort if you do answer and no problem at all if you don't, really. I know I don't need to know this really at micros but I want to move up now and I will very soon.

Found out this is to do with game theory so i'll look into that.

Again tyvm.
    • grummeler
      na the method one user used was:

60$ in pot
      60$ to call
      so we get 2:1 odds

he ment
      60$ in the pot
      60$ to call
      we have 33% equity so we win hugely because

1 time we put in 60 and lose 60
      1 time we put in 60 and lose 60