CO: $11.59
      BTN: $12.63
      SB: $12.35
      BB: $17.48
      UTG: $14.95
      UTG+1: $10.20

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, CO calls $2.00

Flop: ($7.15, 2 players) K:spade: Q:club: 8:club:
      Hero bets $3.25, CO calls $3.25

Turn: ($13.65, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $3.25, CO calls $3.25

River: ($20.15, 2 players) Q:diamond:

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 82%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      CO shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (Four of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 18%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      CO wins $19.15

I'm crashed... seriously. I've been -6.5BI so far. Next day and next horrible session with hands which I couldn't have escaped.
      BTW... now I'm thinking about this hand and I'm looking for mistakes where I could have made. What do u think about 4Bet? Maybe I made a mistake with size of it? I don't know... I'm fucked.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: The 4bet size ain't that off actually. Myself I might do it like $4.
      Postflop: We really have to ask what's his 3bet range? What kind of opponent is he? Can he do the 3bet looser and call our 4bet looser? But I don't really see how I can get away here while he could easily even have KQ/AK(smaller chance while we block the Ace already) but for the given odds it's hard to fold.

Those kind of runs happen, they might even last for longer. Only way to avoid those kind of beats or downswings is that we have to try to loose less money and try to fix all our leaks.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so can we say that 4B for x2.5 is correct?
      mine for x2.33
      your for x2.66

back to my actual run on NL10... so far:
      * I made 2 mistakes which I could have avoided ($13.69)
      - $8.53 QQ (I posted this hand... Johnny all in move+ one flat call in front of me)
      - $5.16 AKs (I posted this hand... bad decision about CBet)
      * hands 'not much to do' ($65.58)
      - $9.27 KK vs 54o (posted- decision correct)
      - $7.6 AA vs KK (all in PF)
      - $10.63 KK vs AA (all in PF)
      - $7.73 KK vs QQ (posted- decision correct)
      - $10 JJ vs A4s (posted- decision correct)
      - $10 AA vs QQ (its this hand- questionable only amount of 4B)
      - $10.35 88 vs 66 (full vs four of a kind)

It's petrifying that I play very good poker(not much mistakes, good mindset, not tilting at all) and I'm -6.5BI. I don't want to image what would happen with me if I had poor mindset, bankroll management and problem with tilt. I can see only one result-
      bankruptcy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's why mindset is actually the most important in poker. :) For you it's doing really great, you have learned a lot after started posting hands and being active here. I guess you can see yourself that.

Gogogo, good luck on the tables, don't let yourself down when you not winning, it's a part of poker and we can't avoid that! We only can avoid loosing more money in downswing period.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I think that good word from you is very important right now... thanks very much...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I think that good word from you is very important right now... thanks very much...
      You are welcome! I just remember myself being on such downswings and it was usually cruel to get along with them. Had to find your own way. It was always good to talk with someone about the hands and stuff. :)
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      t was always good to talk with someone about the hands and stuff. :)
      hehe... my whole family is interested in my poker career and yesterday my father asked me how is going... and I answered that I have bad run. His respond..."because sometimes u have to bluff". He makes me crazy when he is talking about thing which he doesn't have any idea...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      Originally posted by veriz
      t was always good to talk with someone about the hands and stuff. :)
      hehe... my whole family is interested in my poker career and yesterday my father asked me how is going... and I answered that I have bad run. His respond..."because sometimes u have to bluff". He makes me crazy when he is talking about thing which he doesn't have any idea...
      At least they have sense of humor. :f_biggrin: