[NL2-NL10] Sh: 33

• itseasy
      itseasy
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I didn't like c/c because it would be difficult to play on the turn. So either donk/fold or c/r. Do you ever c/r in these spots? If we have a read that an opponent is cbetting a lot then I guess this is even a better line.
      BTN: $4.10
      SB: $3.98
      Hero (BB): $5.64
      UTG: $8.96
      MP: $4.08
      CO: $1.62

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with 3 :club: 3 :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 4 :diamond: 4 :heart: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BTN raises to $0.44, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello itseasy,

The problem with donk/Fold is that you might still induce him even to raise with anything. Since you can't represent much here, not that many 4x hands are in your range. Also would you even donk with them?

If to choose from the lines then I'd rather take even Check/Raise if you are not up to Check/Call and expect the opponent to barrel a lot of turn cards as well. But now again, against what kind of opponent are we? Is he capable of folding? Is there any point to invest any more money with Check/Raising? If we rather expect him not be able to fold his overcards/PPs then not a huge fan of Check/Raising.

Therefore if I expect him rather not CBetting that many turn cards then you could easily even consider Check/Calling the flop and on some cards even donk the turn, which might look even stronger. Or as well even Check/Fold. Or even Check/Fold directly on flop while our 1st plan was anyways to go for the set-mining which ain't wrong either, most likely the safest play.

Best regards.