Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.23)
      BB ($5.17)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($12.23)
      BTN ($10.91)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN raises to $1.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $10 (AI), BTN calls $5.50

21/17/2.4/889
      13% 3bet at bu
      I was like im at utg hes bu he should be QQ+, AK or even tighter, but then I saw his big 3bet %,
      I dont know if playing OOP is good in 3bet pot , maybe its ok if his range is that wide but I was unsure is he can 3bet that wide vs my utg.

So I 4bet and get min 5bet , it looks super strong but can I fold here?

vs unknown with full stack maybe its just better to fold?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

So I 4bet and get min 5bet , it looks super strong but can I fold here?

That's true that against his UTG range I doubt that he is doing it with very wide range. So therefore I might even sometimes consider in those cases rather to Call than 4bet/Fold. If I am going for a 4bet then I guess my plan would be also to go broke. If he has a wide 3bet range then we anyways have him dominated and can easily play postflop against him. If he even has smaller CBet values and ain't a CBet maniac then we might overplay him postflop. Just the problem with 4betting is that we might just make worse to fold and he will continue only with strong range against we at the best get a coinflip.

vs unknown with full stack maybe its just better to fold?

Against unknown I'd consider folding vs his 3bet since at the best we might get a coinflip. Also the 3bet against UTG is often times pretty strong.

Best regards.