This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ on straight flush draw board

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.34
      Hero:
      $2.58
      MP1:
      $1.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, 4 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) Q:diamond: , T:diamond: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, SB raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $2.50 (All-In), MP1 folds, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($5.76) 7:spade:
      River: ($5.76) 8:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qc)
      SB shows (9s 9c)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qc)

Small Blind raises pot I thought this was defending a hand like 2 pair or TPTK at first or a flopped straight. I min raised in the hopes of getting more information at this point and he pretty much puts me all in. A this point I felt committed with top set and i call/ put in the extra. I think it's a bit of a dangerous play.

Would flat calling and re evaluating on the turn be better?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TeddyTaiwan,

With your top-set we are not getting away here but what I don't like is the min-raise you are doing there. It's just horrible, you are giving away very good odds. Rather make it normal raise ~$0,80+ and get it in.

Best regards.