[NL2-NL10] NL10SH TT BU vs SB

• sausage646
      opponent -
      on 3 bet call 67%
      WTS - 38 %
      - 41 Hands

Even if his Af is really low can we assume he would bet his kings on turn for protection and value? And that's why we should go for thin value on river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, BU calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) K, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($4.5) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.15, BU calls $2.15.

Final Pot: $8.8.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and tens(Th Tc).
      BU shows two pairs, kings and queens(Qd Qh).

BU wins with two pairs, kings and queens(Qd Qh).
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      I think very thin value is ok here, if you make it about $1.90 then he will call with 66-QQ I think (But definately 99/TT/JJ/QQ), he will raise his bluffs and his Kx's (Which you can then use any reads on him to either call or fold) and he can possibly call a few Ax type hands or random 8x's (89s, 78s, 8Ts, 86s)

So your thinking process is good here, but I think you can bet a bit smaller, as it is quite thin here as we're not guaranteed to be called by Ax hands :)
    • veriz
      Hello sausage646,

Our plan on river ain't only to get thin value but rather block-bet against his bluffs and avoid him making some huge bet which we can't Call. If we are going for a Check then most likely Check/Fold since I don't expect him to bet anyways with worse. Any PP/8x/99 would Check behind and not turn his hand into bluff. I'd bet ~$1,50 as block-bet/Fold.

Best regards.