[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH K7s on BB, 5-way Pot

• foolboydesire
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 7:spade:
      MP3 raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, BU calls $0,40, SB calls $0,35, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($2,00) K:club: , 6:spade: , 2:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2,00) 2:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($2,00) 3:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,26, MP3 calls $1,26, CO raises to $2,52, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,26, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $8,30

well, how did i play this hand? pre flop i think is a good spot to call with a gambling hand like K7s, and on river i took a shot at the pot, a raise from a fish is rarely worse hand, but considering pot odds it's not a bad call, or is it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Even if you play this way then why don't you Bet the turn? We still have to protect our hand and extract value. I don't like it that much.

Might even at some points just bet myself even right on flop since it's very often the case that they are Checking behind and with Check/Calling you wont find out where you stand. But Checking should be fine if you don't expect them to pay you with some PPs.

As played the river should be standard Bet/Fold for me, I don't like it to Call. Even for the given odds, what do you beat there against passive opponent? Should have bet earlier. ;)

Best regards.