This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

raising 3bb from BTN and CO

• SR1337
      SR1337
      Bronze
      I was think that it would be better to steal/bet all playable hands from BTN and CO with 3bb. Doesn't matter if its 97s or AA. I thought of this because there isn't any point in adjusting my raise size according to my hand strenght , because it will make me more readable. Also 3bb bet would be better against SS, cuz I lose 1bb less when I get reraised.
      Problem is that will people reraise me more loosely, because they think 3bb is a sign of weakness?

What do you think of this play`? I play NL25
  • 2 replies
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      well i do 3bb's and I dont think people 3-bet me less if i bet 4bb's, but who knows. And Even if they start 3-beting light, i like these spots. the 3-bet to 3bb's is most oftenly 9-10bb's when people open for 4's i see crazy shit 3-bets to 12-15bb's. So if you trust your post flop skills are better then villain's I prefer 3bb's raise cuz i dont mind callint extra 6bb's in post w small pockets, suited connectors, +if they start 3-beting light its going to be spew fest, because after that they end up barreling blindly with pot size bets
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      They might not 3bet more but will get somewhat more calls. It's still worth it. I raise $0.75 on the button to pick up the $0.8 in the pot (0.25+0.10+0.45). Has to work less than 50% of the time. I make it 3BB from the cutoff if I have a nit on the button and standard 4BB otherwise.