This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 KQo draw heavy board v overshove

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Silver
      Villain is 16/15/8 (25/25 BB) over 120 hands. Has 3bet from the blinds 4/8 times but never flatted. 3bets a lot generally (14%).

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($41.25)
      UTG+1 ($50.75)
      UTG+2 ($24.55)
      MP1 ($19.25)
      MP2 ($36.90)
      Hero ($102)
      BTN ($54.20)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

FLOP ($6.25) 7:heart: J:heart: T:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BB raises to $17 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $12.65

Need to win ~35% to profit.

Is this range reasonable?

(TT,77,AJs,KQs,JTs,9c8c,9d8d,9s8s,6h5h,5h4h,4h3h,3h2h,AhQc,AhQd,AJo,AhTc,AhTd,AhTsKQo,JTo) - have 45% eq.

Have excluded JJ+ and not sure if I should be including TT as he would probably 3bet all of these pre. Have also excluded 9h8h and Ahxh as I don't think a shove makes any sense here.

If I use this range its a clear call but dont know if this is a bit wide and he is most likely to be shoving sets and low flushes plus maybe JT which he needs protection with, if I use a range of those I'm pretty far behind.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      120 really isn't much to gauge someone's 3betting tendencies from the blinds. I would say he probably has a top-heavy 3betting range of broadways and pairs.

I somehow don't think he would overshove a made flush - unless you've seen him overshove nuts before. To me, it looks like he doesn't want to see a call, so either he has some good hand he wants to protect from the flush, or he doesn't have a made hand but can't let go. In that light, I think a sensible range would look like this:

77, TT+, AhKx, AxKh, AsJx, AcJx, AdJx

That would leave you with 46.16%.

To be honest, I don't really think he would play AJ that way either, which would leave you with 38.60%

(JJ-TT,77,AdAs,AdAc,AsAc,KdKs,KdKc,KsKc,QdQs,QdQc,QsQc,AhKh,AdKh,AhKd,AhKs,AhKc,AsKh,AcKh)

Either way, that's just my read on this kind of player, but it's always very opponent-dependent, so you'll have to trust your reads and build a range based on those reads. In most cases however, you should end up with the necessary equity to make the call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      easy b/c on the flop with oesd+overcards+flushdraw
      Against AT (with flushdraw) you´re favorite and I can´t see how you can be way behind that you should b/f flop