Depositing to move up limits faster?

Hey guys,

I have been playing NL4 BSS with the 50$ I got at William Hills. Im doing about 4BB/100 so far after like 10k hands. I play 6 tables on my labtop and 12 on my cpu. I seem to be making the right decisions most of the time (I post lots of hands in evaluation forums) and feel very comfortable at this limit. I worked all summer at 18$/h and have made a decent amount of money. Im thinking of depositing like 300$ on william hill to move up to NL10.

I was wondering if there is a big difference between NL4 and NL10? I mean even if there is a big difference, playing vs better opponents will help me improve my game right? Also, I will have the first deposit bonus to probably compensate the difference in skill level right?

So basically I want to know if it is worth depositing to move up limits instead of grinding it?

Thanks! :D
  • 3 replies
    • mongomob
      I had the same dilemma not long ago and can recommend if you are willing to loose the money, that taking the shot if you feel you are ready will give you new exitement about poker, it is not wise for evryone but if you have ok nerves and realize things can go both ways, then a shot will make you study harder, and even try harder,
      i took an out of BR shot once from NL10 to NL25 and it was the most exciting thing of my poker days so far,
      However there is risk involved and you have to be willing to move back down if the need arises.

Feel free to add me as a friend through the community and i can maybe give you some advice on the mental side of what your thinking about, and maybe study a little, are you playing FR or SH ?

also most importantly dont give the players too much respect they aint phil ivey, and secondly whatever you do play fewer tables for the first sessions 4 should be plenty =)

Fight the good fight and good luck whatever you decide on,

remember you are your own manager no matter what guidlines say, if you feel like you are ready, maybe you are =)
    • Yoshimitsu77
      im in a similar spot playing nl4 and want to move up........
      ive got 10 BI's for nl10 so think im gnna take like a 3 buy in shot.
    • bjela
      If you are willing to deposit, I'd just take the shot with my current br. If you started with 50$ and have been winning, you should have more than 50$ :D

Skill-wise, there is no real difference between NL4 and NL10, so just 4 table it for a while (until you build a sufficient BR for your normal play). In case you go on a downswing and lose it all, redeposit.