$8.13
      MP1:
      $16.31
      MP2:
      $9.93
      MP3:
      $9.36

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, T.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) A, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $1.25.

Villain is unknown but limping brings him into fishy category rigth away. I was thinking of raising preflop but then again I had only 8 hands on him so I decided not to. He checks both flop and turn rather quickly and then suddenly overbets river.
      Such action course from my point of view can mean different things:

a) he limped with a low pocket pair 22-88 and was comfortable with going to showdown, now when 7 pair on the river he find himself counterfitted a good amount of time with his 22-55 (a larger portion of his range since 66 and 77 are less probable) playing the board so he decides to overbet since I was pretty passive.

b) He limped with an Ace, probably suited, like A2s-A9s and plays it tricky waiting for me to bet OOP now on the river it is last chance to have value and he makes this overbet.

c) Any random trash that decided to bet just because he can.

At that particular moment I felt like scenario a) is most probable and we actually have a showdown value with top kicker vs scenario c) as well.

PS: Accidently created that thread in discussion forum first.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Steelbrewer,

You could easily even bet the flop yourself. :) Most likely are ahead of his range with K high. And if we get called then we have an easy answer for to continue or not.

But as played I'd still bet the turn. :>

Is it really worth, we are risking $0,50 for winning a pot where we have invest $0,00? Not a huge fan of making those hero-calls. Rather would just invest the money early streets and bet it out.

Best regards.