This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl hand1

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $1.87
      MP1:
      $2.07
      MP2:
      $0.82
      MP3:
      $1.23
      CO:
      $2.35
      BU:
      $4.36
      SB:
      $1.98

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, K.
      Hero raises to $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.43) T, 9, 2 (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.24, BU folds, Hero calls $0.24, MP1 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($1.15) J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.82, CO calls $0.82, Hero raises to $1.53(All-In), MP1 calls $0.71, CO calls $0.71.

River: ($5.74) T (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $6.14.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows a full-house, twos full of tens(2 2).
      CO shows a straight, jack high(7 8).
      Hero shows a straight, king high(Q K).

MP1 wins with a full-house, twos full of tens(2 2).

whar u rekon i played this rite ,or the guy that wan with full house got lucky, ( i had the Qk hearts.?
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I wrote up on the other one :)

Often in poker you do everything (well, alot of things) right and still lose. It is almost never a mistake to lose a stack with KK against AA; in fact, saving any of your stack at all with KK vs AA where you don't suck out is a noteworthy achievement. You can lose half a stack and still feel like you made a great decision.

I would say fold it preflop (we are UTG and KQs is a bit crappy for UTG). if you raise it, raise 3-4 BB (6-8cents here).

Otherwise, fine as played. Sometimes you get the money in there in front and it buggers off on the river; thats poker. Chin up - it all averages out in the end!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: If you want to play this hand then raise it properly. 4xBB. Although overall I wouldn't raise that kind of hand from UTG and rather fold the hand in FR play.

As played
      Flop: Seems to be fine to go for implied odds and Check/Call it. While it's anyways such a huge multiway pot we don't want to isolate yourselves against sets.
      Turn: Seems to be totally fine, I am going broke here as well.
      River: Just got unlucky. :(

Best regards.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hey guys thanx for replying,
      Now i know how to send in hands it will be great to get more hands reviewed , i agree totally with the raise 2.5 b's utg, and tbh, i dont even usually play any hands utg at all , usually if i do it will be AK AA or KK , and i usually do raise here 4 bb's , so it is good to go back over your hands and realsie where youv made mistakes, i think in this case why i raised 2.5 bb's was coz i thought i wasnt to sure wether to play it at all , so rather than raise 4 bb;s or limp, wich would have been stupid , i raised 2.5 , but yeah i think also i got a bit unluky on the river .! thanx again and hope to see yous soon , you too ,Jaissica
      :)
      thanx
      im not sure how to do this but i want an edit coz i forgot to ask somthing, on your previous answer veriz you mentioned to play BSS , well what iv been doing is playing MSS with usually about 80'bbs , do you think i should change and make it 100'bbs . or was that just coz this is the BSS section of pokerstrategy.?
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hey thanx for replying , i actually answered you and veriz under veriz's reply . so cheers and hope to here from yous again.!