This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Printing money

• Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Well my blogs pretty bad pretty sure I was hammered when I made it. Im drinking now as well which makes sense its pretty much the only time ill talk about myself. Im pretty much your 50$ to professional poker player story. My only experience with poker before poker strategy was some 1$ tournaments on my dads account and a cool starcraft friend gave me a 150$ roll back when poker was real soft but I had little interest in it (too bad)

I asume I went busto. I was 16-17 with no goals in life and had little to no interest in it. Years later I found this site in tot)mondragons('s profile on starcraft a famous german player who I knew with connections to korn and many other german community members and I got linked to his referral page lucky him.

I just turned 18 legal age to gambles in Canada so I thought I could get a legit starting roll. Sounded cool probably would have used the standard 4 buyin rule untill they made me take some sort of test with some sort of "bank role management" and a short stack strategy. Well this seemed to kind of work as I trippled my roll with deposit bonuses and profit but I soon lost interest in with summerjob/school/life stuff.

I think I dicked around for a year then when I was out of town for the summer I got pressured into registering for the local community college by the parents. They amused I knew wtf a computer was because I played starcraft all the time and information technology was most likely the best course the shitty college had to offer to I took it. (ya I paid the bill even though they said they would)

At first I loved the vibe of college. I even got perfect on my first test which I never did in highschool. I can honestly say I never studied once in 4 years of highschool. Im pretty smart so I glided by but not smart enough to study. A talent I noticed I had was I could walk into any test and get 60-80% with out ever being conscious in class.(like I slept or never showed up they really laxed in northern Ontario. Im still not sure if its because i am a genius or the canadian school system is made for retards.

After a few months of being in a very expensive program that I had little interest in with some studying attempts and maintaining low average marks I came down with the swine flu (Ya that swine flu) I missed two weeks of classes.

This was near the new years of 2010 I believe. Being very contagious and in the northern Canadian winter there is not to much to do. I started fiddling with poker on my party poker via pokerstrategy again where I still had 110-150 kickin around. I think the short stack strategy was still breathin but I really didn't enjoy it at the time. ( I would love owning all them bad regs with it now adays =[) I crushed nl5 bss pretty easy. I dont remember it at all because It was quick. Nl 10 I dont remember much of either but this is where I took the biggest shot of poker to date.(all fr)

To alot of people it probably Doesn't seem like a big deal. But to a nit like me my life should have lead down another path(busto). I knew all about bank role management but I took huge shots with nl25. I had my whole bankroll in play all the time at as many tables as I could. I kept adding more and more tables as my bankroll built. Being honest I was probably on a huge heater.

All of a sudden I got this message from party poker saying I could not play more then 18 tables. So I found this auto readd on button etc etc. By the end of the month and alot of missed school I was rolling well over 2k and had this cool diamond statues. Over 80 buyins. Now I was lucky dont get me wrong but I was also putting in 10-12k hands a day I was addicted.

Needless to say im a college dropout lol. not to sure If I passed my exams but I certainly didn't pay tuition for the second semester.

When you have 450-1000 in play and you have only ever worked for 8$ an hour its exiting. Well as the long Canadian winter went on I was introduced to tilt, depression, and the fact that my month and a half heater was an upswing. Here is my 3 month pokertablerating graph that im no longer embarrassed to show http://www.pokertableratings.com/party-player-search/ImBadAtPoker

(although my -600 day was my drunk dad on my account lol)

Although that summer I sat myself down and asked myself If I really wanna be something instead of working for minimum wage. Even if I have to play 20x more hands I will be better. My roll was about as low as 200$ still playing nl25/50 thinking I was the shit when I manned up. I dropped right to the nl4 40bb tables AND NIT IT UP. Now to this day because of this tramatic experience I am problay a huge nit and not of the ihufa level but im working on that ;p.

Since then I played on a few sites and changing my id on party poker almost monthly and dont keep many graphs but here is the best example http://www.pokertableratings.com/party-player-search/sicklucker

Not the most impressive winrates but I was living off this so I couldn't dick around with shots or table cutting. I had a great hourly rate alot more then any job I could get in this so called "recession" Eventually with party pokers formally great vip system and my pretty cheap lifestyle I had 20k saved up not to bad imo. (-3k FTP FU)

However since then I might be a luckbox yo. I staked some people mostly broke americans after black friday from liquidpoker.net (I made some money) Also partypoker decided to misclick on a friday night I was 18 tabling nl100 === PartyPoker World Domination promo ===

Sucking out for 20k on a friday night was not as cool as it sounds imo. I cant top that with my current abiltys/my limitations. I am a guy who Is very impatient and self taught. I have watch way to few videos (almost none) for a pro poker player and have not sought coaching. I have lost almost all motivation for cash games. I have compensated by improving at strictly plo cash games and mtt's (mostly sng 180's)

I have been recently successful at both and am nearly 100% sold on moving to cabo mexico (at least for the canadian winter) with one of the poor broke almost sne americans I stake and his mates who can certainly teach me things.

Sorry If I ranted a little bit I havent slept in 24/h and drank some :D . Ill keep this updated alot more if their is interest. Im sure my spelling is bad and ill probably compress it when im all sober. I like pokerstrategy people alot~. I kinda wrote this to motivate myself :O .

Old Front page post ~ (lame) uncie targets gonna show all you younguns how to build a 50$ roll on stars grindin sng's. Im way to bored from cash games and am pretty much a beginner like you!

Well no matter how good you are its certainly not worth your time if you only 1 table. And I suck so I gotta plays many tables ;o

My sort term goal is to get rolled for 2.50 180's and 3r which is pretty much the only sng's ive ever played.

So today was my first day I didnt get the 400 I wanted to start at 2.50's but now its like im a pokerstrategy n00b :D . I played 45/90 man 50cents and lotsa 10 cent 360's :D . I ended up doing pretty bad at the 50 cent games (maybe im too agro for 45mans?;o) My bankroll would of took a hit if it were not for my luckboxing skills as I got 2 firsts and a suck-outed second in the 360's first was only 7$ not gonna get me to 2.50's anytime soon but its nice to crush 369 souls:D

Heres my sharkscope stats so far 101 $0.07 $0 109% $7
      and my stats not counting 360 mans 72 -$0.11 $0 -25% -$8
      (im huge chip leader in my last 90 man so ill probly be closer to even)

Current bankroll 60$+what I win in this last one ill probly go play more after I eat im addicted oO
  • 105 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      omgomgomg Targetme in the Blog section :D :D

Good luck Sir and ruuuuun good!

Ingrid
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      trainin up for the Unofficial PokerStrategy Poker Series

40 tablees up gogo
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      40 tables?
      lol wut?

Anyways gl man :D
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRflV-gvDMf_8__u61mRevN_mBYXpKdLtF5o7VD7jnOPLMqAAOU[/img]
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      238 $0 $0 37% $0 = today ^^

so I didnt run great although im up 5$ for some reason sharkscope is off still better then pokertableratings which was off by 400$ in 1 nl50 sh session last week. Still got 1 25 center 90man left I might finish 4 of 16

so br - 55$

So whoever sends me the most money for burrow or keeps gets to pick my picture of this future super nova elite.

Also almost silver star !!
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Shipping 26k per week like its nothing within few days
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I see what you did there oO Off to the bank to cash that btw
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      bankroll = 77$ almost time for 1$ shots!

431games $0.04 $0 53%roi $23profit

ran pretty good but really bad at final tables coulda won alot more. What br does pokerstrategy suggest for 1$ 90 mans gotta set a good example~
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      almost rolled for 1$ won a 980 man tourney for a few bucks that was neat probly the biggest field i ever won will do a full update later still grinding bumping because no 1 seems to like my blog =[
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      So sad bankroll at 100$ now so time for 1$ shots! Playing 1$./.5090man and 10 cent 360's now

sick bubbled out with aa for ft stack on my first 1$ =[

798games $0.07 $0 42%roi $58
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      likeing this thread im hoping to have a roll to do 50 center n 1 dollars by january starting witha 20 dollar BR feel free to add me to skype if you want since you are a diamond maybe give me some advice here n there mikegunn56 goodluck on the felt
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      play lots raise more
    • weedo25
      weedo25
      Bronze
      this is too easy for you just grinding inside your bankroll, no milestones, no time set. you should set something like 50 to 100k$ in a week.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Got a bit of a hangover so not gonna grind so hard or at all today. Didnt sleep for like two days and got insanely drunk seemed like a good idea. Already proved I crush these games so looking to move up faster to 2.50$180's and r rebuys. I might acept a short term staking deal but I doubt ill get one I cant produce any stats for beating them even though I am over a small sample. So instead ill try to sell peices.

If I can sell 75% of 2.50/180 turbos ill be rolled no markup for these
      Id also like to sell 1$90man turbos I obviously crush these but no markup untill im over rolled for them (very soon i think)

if someone wants to buy peices of a block of my lower games that can be arranged but im crushing with 40%roi over 1000 games so there will be a markup :D

But I mostly want to get into 180's bigger field =more edge ill do something like a 400$ block (160games or smaller if you want) selling 75% for 300
      so if you a n00b who wants to gambles buy 1% for 4$ post here~
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      might get 100$ so only need to sell 50% no action at this hour so im 24 tablin nl2 as well its my only hope of getting platinum this month anyway
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      So im running pretty good at except at final tables where you win all the money ;o My last 5 I was chip leader in them all and i think my best was 5th
      Bankroll = 170 lost a bit in cg's heres my stats

games played - 1353
      average profit - 0.10
      return on investment - 36%
      total profit - $137
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      hey mate! :)

I've met you at the tables! ( i read your screen name on staking forum) . ( I am TILT_box1337 on stars - so you can know you have to fold when I push :D ).

Started grinding 90 mans 45mans as well, from $0.50 with $50 roll, and slowly taking some shots to $1. Yesterday I came 6th in $0.50 MTT (1.5k guarant) for $86, and now has a roll to easy play $1 90mans + I can take some shots at $2.50 180mans as well.

see you at tables. :)
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Originally posted by weedo25
      this is too easy for you just grinding inside your bankroll, no milestones, no time set. you should set something like 50 to 100k$ in a week.
      moneys goals in poker not great idea. Money goals in mtt's is just stupid unless for insane prob bets make offers :D
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miljonszalie
      hey mate! :)

I've met you at the tables! ( i read your screen name on staking forum) . ( I am TILT_box1337 on stars - so you can know you have to fold when I push :D ).

Started grinding 90 mans 45mans as well, from $0.50 with $50 roll, and slowly taking some shots to $1. Yesterday I came 6th in $0.50 MTT (1.5k guarant) for $86, and now has a roll to easy play $1 90mans + I can take some shots at $2.50 180mans as well.

see you at tables. :)
      cool small world? O maybe I just play every table under 1$ on stars? i donno.
      You should win more and invest in a few peices of me send me 1.25 on stars and if I bink a 180 with it you get half! Watch out for my crazy agro bad manner style. Playing 10cent 360's/.50 /$1 90's and 1.50 ko's sick of the 45 mans kills my roi~

Oh and for anyone who wants to gambles some money selling 2.50 180 turbo peices

im only halfed rolled for 2,50 180's but I crush em hard for every 1.25 you ship me ill put the other half of the buyin and we split the profits better odds then the lottery right? :D