This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - 77 middle pair

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Flop bet felt weak and I felt it was worth a call given I beat most hands apart from Ax.

Didn't see any value in betting my hand on later streets, consider folding to further aggression.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $3.7
      UTG2:
      $2.17
      Hero:
      $3.77
      BU:
      $4.76

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.09, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.09, CO folds, BU calls $0.09, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.39) A:club: , 4:heart: , 3:diamond: (4 players)
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($0.87) 6:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.87) J:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $0.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Kd Qd)
      Hero shows a pair of sevens (7s 7d)
      BU shows (6d 5d)

Hero wins with a pair of sevens (7s 7d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Not a huge fan of calling the flop anyways. Even if it's weak he may still have better PPs than you. Plus we have opponents behind us. I wouldn't overplay my PP and do those hero-calls but rather just fold if I didn't hit.

Of course his CBet doesn't show much strength but keep in mind we have still people behind us. :)

And of course there is no point in betting any later streets and just turning your hand into bluff. That's as well why I don't like the Call that much on flop while a lot of overcards are possible to come and we wont be able to Call any more streets.

Best regards.