[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Rivered two pair

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Felt villians line taken on flop could potentially be weak given small raise size on a board with potential flush draws. As a result, I reckoned it was worth a call.

On turn I figure I have to fold to a shove, I have shown strength by calling raise on flop so I doubt its a bluff.

River I think I'm ahead given villian didn't bet turn, check to villian to bluff induce.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.09
      MP3:
      $1.94
      BU:
      $1.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.02.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.05, CO folds, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.23, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.54) K:club: , 8:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BU raises to $0.74, Hero calls $0.44.

Turn: ($2.02) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.02) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises $1.02 (All-In), Hero calls $1.02.

Final Pot: $4.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (5h 5d)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (Ac Kh)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and kings (Ac Kh)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

There is no way we gonna fold it on turn if you Called it on flop. Doesn't make sense. If I plan to Call the flop then I am very likely to go broke as well. And in this case I'd rather just ship the flop to protect our hand from any kind of draws. We just gave him free cards.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Fair enough, its a tricky situation for me.

Four times yesterday I hit TPTK in a raised pot and my bet got raised. What variables determine whether its best to continue with the hand or to give up the flop?

Does the board texture come into it, or is it all based around vilians AF and stack size?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Four times yesterday I hit TPTK in a raised pot and my bet got raised. What variables determine whether its best to continue with the hand or to give up the flop?

Against rather passive opponent your TP ain't doing very great anyways. Against more aggressive opponent we might even consider going to continue but usually if I want to continue on such a board then I'd practically ship it to protect from any kind of flush-draw. They are mostly going to Check behind on the turn anyways and we don't want to see that.

Does the board texture come into it, or is it all based around vilians AF and stack size?

Hard to say if you have no reads on the opponents but only stats. Might be anything. This kind of board it's more likely that it's a FD. Was surprised to see pure bluff here. But of course take a note on him. And AF is very important factor in those situations.