Thats it no more cash games

• Xenon50
      Xenon50
      Bronze
      im pretty new to poker but i'd say i have a decent hold on the game. the thing is i've noticed that whenever i play cash games i tend to lose my head and go on full tilt or cripple my gameplay with bad decision making.

for some reason when playing in $ rather than Chips i feel the pressure alot more, and i also think it has to do with the fact that other players with bigger bankrolls can simply take me out of the game with a reckless strategy which i cant afford to employ( at the current time)

i've lost over 50$ today in cash games im glad thats all its taken for me to realise that maybe this format of play isnt my style, from now on im going to do only sit and go or tournaments.

..thoughts on cash games VS sit n go?
  • 7 replies
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi there!
      Sry for ur bad run:( . Obvious question: u didnt really have enough blinds for your limit, did u?! If u have 25 dollars, u wud be ok for a start on 1/2c, after that go for 40-50 buy-ins on nl, so u can play in ur comfort zone. The tilt will diminish with exp and training. Heard much good about a book called "the poker mindset", gonna read that. Many people play sng professionally it seems. Personally, I dont like it, more boring. I would instead recommend tourneys for a break. The best freerolls are on pokerstars, nothing else compares, so i recommend u to go there in that case. (i have 4 30k freerolls and 1 100k freeroll a month there and 3 1k fr a day, on wh i wud have a 5k fr a month and lots of £20, 50:) , so the choice is clear). Study and play one tourney at a time when u practice. I also think u shud go back to cash games after studies and play the lowest limit u find, and start out with full ring first.
      Well, that's what i think will be good.

GL and have fun at the tables!
    • Xenon50
      Xenon50
      Bronze
      i think cashgames represent a much higher risk for me to put myself in a bad economic positon, somthing i dont really need at the moment while im still getting into the swing of things

i think i will be playing freerolls untill i win a little bit then maybe just stick with sit n go untill i build up.

you mention about freerolls on pokerstars being better than that of other sites, are there any barriers to entry such as deposits?

ps. yeah i think i was playing a bit too high stakes but im always confused with the bankroll in cash games

say i have 50$\

50/25 = 2$ so i should go into a game with a 2$ buy in?? if so i think i just :facepalm:
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      yup with a $50 br play nl2 (or play me at nl50 hu)
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      First I wouldn't give up. It took me ages and ages to master even the micro stakes. How many tables do you play? How many hands? I have found the less hands I play the more money make. It really is all about picking the right moment.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      yup with a $50 br play nl2 (or play me at nl50 hu)
      Yh i agree..Just play HU with 15bet72o. Sure that u'll come out with flying colours. :f_biggrin:
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      The freerolls on stars come with vip status, but there's many 'free' freerolls too. u'll be bronze from start and then there are 10 pts $500 freerolls 2,3 times a day but play some free freerolls now and then first. Min deposit is $10 depending on method. Think they have a first deposit bonus "Pokerstars600" now, check that out b4 u join. I also notice a tendence to play higher that your bankroll permits;) . Don't! You can take out Durrrh and others if they don't have enough bankroll for their limit. It's called variance. You can play perfect and still lose, not 1 day or 2, can be for a long period. So, when you're sitting at the final table in wsop you won't think those months with low limit, learning the game were so long:) . GL!

PS Maybe you should w8 playing ibet72o for a while. Especially if starts talking about 'making it a little interesting';) .
    • Xenon50
      Xenon50
      Bronze
      thanks for the input guys, yeah i think its certain that i need to put more thought into certain aspects of play and not overplaying too many hours to the point where i become bored/angry and make silly calls.i will certainly remember these points next time i play

also i5bet72o i think i will pass for the time being, maybe in a few years :f_p: