$2.95
      BU:
      $3.87
      SB:
      $2.32
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 7.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) T, 7, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.03, Hero calls $0.03.

Turn: ($0.11) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.27) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, CO calls $0.13.

Final Pot: $0.53.

I feel quite pity because I haven't managed to make the pot big enough for such a monster, especially, when my opponent was so eager to bet.
      I've tried to slowplay, but since there was no raise before flop and inital pot was minimum, it grew very slow, and on the river I even get scared of my opponent check. How I should play in such situation to make the pot as huge as possible? By the way, I was thinking about raise on the turn, how do you think about such action?

Thank you in advance,
      Lukas
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Rounder777,

Why didn't you bet yourself the flop? I'd definitely bet myself the flop and continue then accordingly. Most likely just continue betting rather than bet it this way. As played I'd even consider Check/Raising the turn rather than Check/Calling and betting that smallish on river, most likely missed value.

Best regards.
    • Rounder777
      Rounder777
      Bronze
      Why I didn't bet myself the flop? Well, I hadn't known anything about my opponent, is he tight or loose, and I was afraid of his early fold in case he were tight.

Regards
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      On the flop bottom two pair isn't safe.

If villian has two spades he has decent equity to hit a flush. If villian is passive he will likely check this draw back, but would have called a bet on the flop.

With a higher pair kx villian can hit a bigger two pair or trips on later streets. Villian will likely bet this hand for you on flop, but you could have probably have got a call for a little more (pot sized bet would be called), you may even get a raise from an aggressive opponent.

When you bet on the flop you are betting both for value and a certain amount of protection.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Rounder777
      Why I didn't bet myself the flop? Well, I hadn't known anything about my opponent, is he tight or loose, and I was afraid of his early fold in case he were tight.

Regards
      We still have to bet since we need to protect our hand. :)