[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Failed semi-bluff

• Philfox1985
      Was happy with C-Bet on this flop, felt its +EV with staight draw, overcards and fold equity.

Turn bet was far more marginal. Villian had taken a long time to call bet on flop, felt there was a chance he may give up his hand on the turn, and figured I still have equity if he does call.

Better to play check/fold instead on turn, or play fine?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) J:spade: , J:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.1, CO calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, CO calls $0.24 (All-In).

River: ($0.83) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0.83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, jacks and eights (8d 8c)
      Hero shows (Ks Qh)

CO wins with two-pair, jacks and eights (8d 8c)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Not a huge fan of donking. Rather just Check it and hope to see free cards. But as played nothing much to add.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Ye, it was really marginal, for me at least.

Knew I couldn't call if villian bets the turn, on balance I felt creating fold equity by betting myself was best.

If I had known villians cards I guess I could have checked knowing villian will struggle to bet himself with such a pair, allowing a free card. Its likely the best option.

Still a little marginal as you would imagine it wouldn't be an easy call for a villian with 88 in this spot, however after he calls the flop its unlikely he can find fold botton on turn when little has changed. Thats probbaly the over-riding consideration that makes it best not to bet.