Hi guys newb joined the ocean

• wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Bronze
      Hi guys im Dave, 27 from England (already sounds like i want a date)

I have been playing poker since i watch some vids on you tube for a few months not been doing that well but looking to improve my game. I did pass the quiz woow

I am always looking for advice and guidance ;)

One question with a bankroll of $50 on party poker what level should i play at ?
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Dave,

A big welcome to PokerStrategy.com and to the wonderful English Forum. You will find plenty of fellow Englishmen and women around these parts and I am sure you will get to know them soon.

Now, to your question:

Once you have the $50 starting capital in your account you are eligible to play whatever limits you want. However I would suggest that you don't do this!

You should always keep BRM (Bankroll Management) in mind as it's there to protect you from going broke.

What type of games are you interested in? Cash, tournaments or SNG? If you answer this for me I will be able to give you a better overview of your options :)

All the best and hope to hear from you soon,

Gary
    • wittsy171
      wittsy171
      Bronze
      Probably low cash games maybe the odd sit and go
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      I would stay away from SnGs on party as the rake is relatively high (like 20%), and as for cash games, i would keep some bankroll management as you can get variance in poker, so i would suggest 2NL (0.01/0.02 blinds) so you have 25 Buy ins, or 4NL (0.02/0.04 blinds) if you want to use aggressive bankroll management.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi again Dave,

Thanks for your response.

If you plan on playing cash games with the $50 you would be rolled for NL2 while implementing the BSS (Big Stack Strategy) Whilst you would only have 25 buy-ins for this limit, you should be okay as long as you stick strictly to our strategy guide.

Another option would be our MSS (Mid Stack Strategy) Here you would able to play NL5. Again you would 25 Buy-ins for this, which is more than enough to successfully sustain your Bankroll.

However, and this is a personal suggestion. If you do chose to play MSS, I would start out at NL2 for couple of days. It would give you more time to get used to the strategy and if you were to make mistakes, they would cost you less.

I have linked all the information you need for the strategies above and I also think it would be a good idea to read these Psychology articles also.

It's very important when starting off, that you give yourself every chance to become the best you can be. A lot of people neglect the psychological aspect of the game and it can be very important in the long run.

Hope I helped and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome