This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Right to fold AA on superwet flop?

• trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Villain was 68/53 and 3bet of 3 and AF of 2.7 but only 20 hands. Small sample but he was clearly aggro.
      I think the fold here against tightish/ABC players would be fine, but against this guy, I don't know.
      TY

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.26)
      BB ($8.46)
      UTG ($8.14)
      CO ($10.06)
      BTN ($1.95)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.90) 9:club: T:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero folds

UTG wins $2.19
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Villain looks like a loose maniac looking to win every pot with a bluff.

If you define his handrange in Equilab at 68% (despite the short pool of hands) on that flop with aces you have a 60-40 equity in your favor on that board. You might ask - but what is the range of hands this villain will pressure me on that board with? The answer I think - any two cards. Sometimes I think he would bet even if all he held was a 'pay everyone $50' monopoly card and a yellow reverse from uno. Simply put, it is a great board for loose maniacs.

I think the best value option here is to call, check-call, check-call. If you shoved you would isolate against 2p / straights / flopped flushes / pairs / draws, but by calling you let the maniac continue bluffing with any 2.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello trickybob,

Preflop: I'd still raise a bit bigger here at least $0,50 since of one limper and even being OOP.
      Postflop: Don't think that you can do much here. Best way to play this hand is anyways Bet/Fold on such a board. If he even doesn't have us beat then he definitely has any kind of draws himself which has a great equity against us.

Best regards.