[NL2-NL10] Right to fold AA on superwet flop?

• trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Villain was 68/53 and 3bet of 3 and AF of 2.7 but only 20 hands. Small sample but he was clearly aggro.
      I think the fold here against tightish/ABC players would be fine, but against this guy, I don't know.
      TY

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.26)
      BB ($8.46)
      UTG ($8.14)
      CO ($10.06)
      BTN ($1.95)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.90) 9:club: T:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero folds

UTG wins $2.19
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Villain looks like a loose maniac looking to win every pot with a bluff.

If you define his handrange in Equilab at 68% (despite the short pool of hands) on that flop with aces you have a 60-40 equity in your favor on that board. You might ask - but what is the range of hands this villain will pressure me on that board with? The answer I think - any two cards. Sometimes I think he would bet even if all he held was a 'pay everyone $50' monopoly card and a yellow reverse from uno. Simply put, it is a great board for loose maniacs.

I think the best value option here is to call, check-call, check-call. If you shoved you would isolate against 2p / straights / flopped flushes / pairs / draws, but by calling you let the maniac continue bluffing with any 2.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello trickybob,

Preflop: I'd still raise a bit bigger here at least $0,50 since of one limper and even being OOP.
      Postflop: Don't think that you can do much here. Best way to play this hand is anyways Bet/Fold on such a board. If he even doesn't have us beat then he definitely has any kind of draws himself which has a great equity against us.

Best regards.