This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL10 SH] top set vs aggro on drawy board

• PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

Here is a hand I played yesterday at everest. As you can see villain has maniacish stats. I really didn't want to see a 7,9 or Q on the turn, so I decided to pot it on the flop. Unfortunately the 9 showed up, and I decided to go for pot control and just check behind, and maybe induce a bluff on the river (which is pretty likely given his stats). His bet was bigger than I expected, but I called anyway, because he might bet this big with a bluf or 2 pair kinda hands. What do you guys think?
      Is it best to fold this hand against this potsize bet? And should I have bet the turn for value instead of just checking? Please post your thoughts on this :)

- Manuel

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $14,89
      Hero:
      $9,77

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,35, SB calls $0,30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,80) J:club: , T:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $1,10, SB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,00) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $9,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Jh Jd)
      SB shows een straight, queen high (Qd 8d)

SB wins with een straight, queen high (Qd 8d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PewPewPoker,

The problem on river is that we only beat bluff. :( Is he even capable of bluffing like this on river? As according to the AF we might say that he ain't bluffing a lot on river since he has been winning most of the showdowns. Therefore I might even just give it up on river. But otherwise seems to be fine. Worst card on river. :(

Best regards.