[NL2-NL10] [NL10 SH] top set vs aggro on drawy board

• PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

Here is a hand I played yesterday at everest. As you can see villain has maniacish stats. I really didn't want to see a 7,9 or Q on the turn, so I decided to pot it on the flop. Unfortunately the 9 showed up, and I decided to go for pot control and just check behind, and maybe induce a bluff on the river (which is pretty likely given his stats). His bet was bigger than I expected, but I called anyway, because he might bet this big with a bluf or 2 pair kinda hands. What do you guys think?
      Is it best to fold this hand against this potsize bet? And should I have bet the turn for value instead of just checking? Please post your thoughts on this :)

- Manuel

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $14,89
      Hero:
      $9,77

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,35, SB calls $0,30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,80) J:club: , T:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $1,10, SB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,00) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $9,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Jh Jd)
      SB shows een straight, queen high (Qd 8d)

SB wins with een straight, queen high (Qd 8d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PewPewPoker,

The problem on river is that we only beat bluff. :( Is he even capable of bluffing like this on river? As according to the AF we might say that he ain't bluffing a lot on river since he has been winning most of the showdowns. Therefore I might even just give it up on river. But otherwise seems to be fine. Worst card on river. :(

Best regards.