Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has 5:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.24, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) 5:club: 2:spade: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.37, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.37, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.40

BTN shows 2:club: 2:heart: (Four of a Kind, Twos)
      Hero mucks 5:diamond: A:diamond: (Full House, Fives full of Twos)
      BTN wins $6.94

His check on the turn was so strange... I thought that he hit 7 and he'd got full and slowplaying it...
      but what to do on the turn... maybe if he had shoved all in, I could have folded but... what do u think?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

What's the plan of yours on turn if he bets into you? I might even consider just betting myself again actually on turn. To protect my hand from any kind of overcards.

But as played kinda cruel on river of course when he raises, but not that many hands beat you anyways. Only few combos. I'd bet myself for ~$1 even there. We can get value from a lot worse there and we can't put him on only the pure nuts.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      was it worth to bet on the turn?
      I think that not much I made to fold... lets say 66-99, he doesn't fold it... if the turn card was T-A I would definitely bet... do u say fold equity on the turn?
      Answering to your question what plan was, I gave up this hand when I check... I wanted to play check/fold but unpredictable river card hit and I was fucked :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      was it worth to bet on the turn?
      I think that not much I made to fold... lets say 66-99, he doesn't fold it... if the turn card was T-A I would definitely bet... do u say fold equity on the turn?
      Answering to your question what plan was, I gave up this hand when I check... I wanted to play check/fold but unpredictable river card hit and I was fucked :)
      If he is a station he might Call us even with some overcards. But of course it ain't a huge mistake if you even don't decide to bet. But you want to turn your hand into bluff-catcher or what's your plan for turn and river if he bets both streets?
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I wouldn't raise 4x pre from CO, you should probably start 3x'ing there.

you can either b T, c/c T or c/f T, depending entirely on ops p/f calling range and his fcb + his bet turn stats. if you are unsure then betting small on turn to check back most rivers is probably going to be ur best bet, remember if he folds out a hand such as KQ its a good thing for u.

riv is tough, hes never bluffing so its just a question of math, not sure whether u have correct odds to call or not.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      But you want to turn your hand into bluff-catcher or what's your plan for turn and river if he bets both streets?
      I think that A5s is a hand good enough to steal blinds from CO... so... steal didn't work pre flop... on the flop I bet... and I thought that this cbet takes the pot down and I will win it but cbet again didn't work... so I don't see any reason to continua this hand... so I think is the same with pocket pairs when our plan is to hit set on the flop... if we don't hit, we don't continue play...
      In this example my plan was to steal blinds... and on the flop make CBet... and no more if it doesn't work... as I said when I decided to check on the turn I gave up this hand. I would have played check/fold. I don't see any reason why I should check/call on the turn if I decided to check.

Originally posted by fusionpk
      I wouldn't raise 4x pre from CO, you should probably start 3x'ing there.
      I don't see any reason why I should start betting for 3xBB from CO
      It depends on individual betting habit but of course I would like to know your point of view about this matter.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Your range is going to be much wider from CO, by raising smaller you allow yourself to get a better price on your steals, you are less likely to get 3b, and from CO u get 3b a shit tonne more, and the whole thing with 4x'ing is generally only used for EPs anyway since you are going to have a much narrower range and naturally u raise more for value.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      your explanation is perfect and it could convince me but I have in bet bar sets up bet for 4xBB and I'm too lazy to change it to 3xBB every time when I'm in late position.