Hello

• Subtlety89
      Subtlety89
      Silver
      Hello from Western Canada Pokerstrategy, I've been playing poker for several years however only in the past year I've been playing online.

I started playing Poker in High School with my ring of friends, getting busted every lunch period by the teachers, then off and on after High School until I got a bit of a Bankroll to start some online play.

Looking forward to becoming a member of the community :)
  • 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi subtlety89,

welcome to our community! wow it's your very first post and you are silver status already? where have you been all this time? :D

so where are you playing now and what's your game?
      we would love to hear more from you.

smiles,
      wendy
    • Subtlety89
      Subtlety89
      Silver
      Holy quick reply...

I play on a few different sites, my Bankroll is pretty even across the sites I play on, mainly Stars and PartyPoker, used to play on Full-tilt before their whole fiasco with the Department of American Justice.

I fluctuate in the 0.02/0.04 NL and 0.05/0.10 NL cash games, I enjoy the odd sit and go tourney and I play in alot of Freeroll tournaments. On occasions when I feel a bit daring I play in a small 1-2 dollar buy in tournament. I usually place in the money in the tournaments with my best finish a 4th place finish in a 1500 rebuy tournament at PartyPoker.

Cheers
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wow nice :) will you teach me how to luckbox some tourneys? :D
      do you play the 2 daily pokerstrategy freerolls on Party? how many runners do they usually have?

i used to play cash games myself but lately having a bit of fun with mtt's on stars :)
      tbh i really need to brush up my sng skills and read some articles.

to the bat-mobile! :D
    • Subtlety89
      Subtlety89
      Silver
      I don't think I'd be the best teacher for MTT, I think I get fairly lucky and I play quite tight and hang around the middle until I decide its time to make my move. I'll usually start playing more aggressively once the field of players is lowered, sometimes I get burnt by my play, sometimes it's more rewarding.
      I'm still learning as a player in MTT, something I'm trying to work on in my game is not getting attached to my AA, KK, and QQ too much, too often I find myself in a bad spot with these hands forced to make tough calls as opposed to folding.

depends on the day for the daily freerolls on Party Poker, some days I see about 2000 people registered in the tournament other days it's about 1500.

I really liked the articles here for the SNG's I read them through a couple times to get a good base, but I do play a bit looser than the majority of the guides recommend and I find it suits my play alot.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      You should play looser in MTT in compare STT, basicly ICM comes into consideration on final table or on big pay jumps and on the bubble ofc.
      MTT early play is lot more like BSS cash game (unless you play in shallow tourney)
      Anyway good luck and keep posting!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome