[NL2-NL10] Blind vs. Blind...bad play?

• Pilks7
      Hey, this is my first post, just trying to get into evaluating hands/my game.

Can anyone suggest if/when I maybe played this hand not 100%?

I feel like I played it well(minus playing him off after the river Q) and just got unlucky, but I think maybe I had some MUTB syndrome this hand after his postflop reraise. Anyway I was playing to check call.

So any suggestions for different lines would be more than welcome (I'm not great at thinking outside the box!)

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , J:club:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) A:diamond: , Q:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($2.15) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($2.15) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.57, Hero calls $1.57.

Final Pot: $5.29

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Jc)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Th)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Th)

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Pilks7,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Guess it shouldn't be a huge problem to play it this way. Although myself I'd start of betting the flop bigger for ~$0,50. This kind of bet size might even induce him to raise you.

As played the river he can bet there even with weaker Ax hands and of course missed draws. Hard to make the hero-fold there. His play doesn't make much sense either.

Best regards.