[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - If I readed it before...

• marckaraujo
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0,01, Hero raises to $0,10, MP1 raises to $0,36 (All-In), CO folds, SB raises to $0,62, Hero calls $0,52.

Flop: ($1,60) J:heart: , 8:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero raises $1,31 (All-In), SB calls $1,31.

Turn: ($4,22) J:spade:
      River: ($4,22) 6:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $4,22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (As 3h)
      SB shows Dois pares, aces e jacks (Ad Ac)
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)

SB wins with Dois pares, aces e jacks (Ad Ac)

Well, after that bad bet, I start to read Doyle Bruson´s Super System and I found this note:

"In light of this, you should never re raise with two Queens or two Jacks (all the way down to a Pair of Deuces) before the flop expecting to get all your money in the pot in NO Limit. You dont want to... because if you get played with - you're either a big dog or a small favorite.

Do you agree?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Hey marckaraujo!

Reading SuperSystem (an old book that gives you some inspiration about certain plays) with MSS'ing is generally not a good idea because the SS philosophy differs so much witht he MSS described here.

Reasons I would not follow SS:
      • It is pretty old
      • Designed for Bigstack 100bb cashgames
      • People play differently nowadays online

With QQ here, I see 3 people limping, raising to 10 cents is more rule than exception. We can raise more given the fact that people calling the big blind preflop generally do not have Aces nor Kings.

Now when Mp1 goes all-in, I still want to go all-in here because in case he shows something funky like 8:d8 or A:d5, you are way ahead here.

Best regards,
    • marckaraujo
      Hummm, So what you think that I should read?