[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH, AJo top pair on 3bet pot

• YinYangS
      Villain is 14/13 in 98 hands, 30% steal, 3.0 AF

These are situations that i don't like.

i 3bet the button then calls my cbet on the flop when i'm holding a medium hand. it usually gives me a feeling that he is slowplaying and has hit something. on the other hand, he might be just floating.

what to do?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1415144
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $15.49
      Hero (BB): $11.43
      UTG: $9.26
      MP: $15.90
      CO: $13.45
      BTN: $9.95

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: J :diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) K :spade: 9 :club: A :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.65) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      if u think he can be floating a reasonably wide range then u shud perhaps think about ch/shoving turn. by checking u can learn a bit more about his hand strength, if hes got some Kx then hes going to chb anyway and u can vbet the riv. i think there are also some arguments here for c/c'ing too, if u believe he will be aggressive on many blank rivs etc. i think barrelling here is not optimal because using his agg against him is going to be >.

imo, to be able to best decide a line here, u need to consider, 1) his pf callingrange, by this u can probably work out how many floats he can have in his range 2) his aggression tendencies on each street and 3) how likely he is to hero down in 3b pots.

ur pf decision is possibly marginal vs such a nit, unless he has v low f3b
    • veriz
      Hello YinYangS,

Not a huge fan of turning my hand into bluff-catcher in those situations when we have a 3bet pot. I guess I'd practically go for a 2nd barrel and most likely try to protect still our hand and get a free showdown with our bet. Doubt that he is calling here with a lot worse hands while he seems to be pretty nitty.

Best regards.