SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB raises to $5.70, Hero folds

SB wins $7.51

19/16/6.3
      cbet 64
      fold to cbet 83
      3bet 6.5
      3bet vs steal SB 16 (19)
      wtsd 26

is my bet on turn good? KJ, KT should call, but also the problem is Q, which could easily be in his range.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      In position with TPTK - bet flop, check behind turn, call river.

A bit of pot control here would have been excellent. We don't want to stack off with TPTK but giving them up to a raise would be incredibly weak and call into question what we called the 3bet for in the first place.

As played SB is going to have made the pot big enough to put you all in on the river, so you probably have to shove or fold. Either choice sucks. If we shove (or call-call) we are probably hoping for a split pot. I would probably fold..

We really needed to check behind on that turn I think.

Edit - on reflection, preflop we are deep enough that a 4bet might be viable as well. Villain is 3betting fairly light. I would be inclined to 4bet-fold because of depth, but 4bet-shove might also be not ridiculous depending on if you think he can shove JJ-QQ, AQs or not here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I would rather say that what's the idea behind betting the turn? If you want to protect your hand from draws then rather bet it bigger, ~$2,50 at least. Such a smaller bet might even sometimes induce him to raise you. Betting the turn should be still okey while we want to protect our hand and being a bit deeper we can do it as well for free showdown.

But most likely I'd play as well Bet/Fold rather than continue on such a board. We most likely are beaten. Even if we wanted to continue then practically it would be go-broke spot.

Best regards.