This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL 5CD Hand

• p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit 5 Card Draw - 6 players - View hand 1415359
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN with 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero caps!, SB calls

First Draw: (9 SB) (2 players)
      SB draws 1, Hero stands pat
      Hand: 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB raises all in, Hero calls

Final Pot: $48
      Hero mucks 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      SB shows K:club: K:diamond: T:club: T:spade: T:heart: (a full house, Tens full of Kings)
      SB wins $46
      (Rake: $2.00)

Am I right to cap here post draw or would you flat the check raise? I really don't see folding as an option, but could I have saved 2 (well 1.75) BB's?
  • 3 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Well SB capping the flop certainly suggests trips or 2 pair.

When SB check raises the flop I can certainly see the argument for flatting as it would only be done by someone with a full house (2 pair would check call here since you stood pat representing a straight or better).

Your full house is right in the median range of full houses, but if you 3 bet all better full houses cap and all worse full houses probably just call (if they assume you must know a straight or flush is no good from the flop action).

I think it's close to neutral your 3 bet, against a solid player it's worse obviously.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      hm if you feel he's very straightforward before the draw and doesn't 3bet his 4-flushes, then you're looking at a full house or better for his value range right?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1972/1/

that means the median hand is actually 999TT so u dont' have the required 50-66% equity to 3bet. keep in mind some hands that beat you don't cap btw.
    • p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies

I actually read the article on median hands a couple of hours before the hand so really should have known better!

I'll go read it again...