FL 5CD Hand

• p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit 5 Card Draw - 6 players - View hand 1415359
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN with 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero caps!, SB calls

First Draw: (9 SB) (2 players)
      SB draws 1, Hero stands pat
      Hand: 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB raises all in, Hero calls

Final Pot: $48
      Hero mucks 9:diamond: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond:
      SB shows K:club: K:diamond: T:club: T:spade: T:heart: (a full house, Tens full of Kings)
      SB wins $46
      (Rake: $2.00)

Am I right to cap here post draw or would you flat the check raise? I really don't see folding as an option, but could I have saved 2 (well 1.75) BB's?
  • 3 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Well SB capping the flop certainly suggests trips or 2 pair.

When SB check raises the flop I can certainly see the argument for flatting as it would only be done by someone with a full house (2 pair would check call here since you stood pat representing a straight or better).

Your full house is right in the median range of full houses, but if you 3 bet all better full houses cap and all worse full houses probably just call (if they assume you must know a straight or flush is no good from the flop action).

I think it's close to neutral your 3 bet, against a solid player it's worse obviously.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      hm if you feel he's very straightforward before the draw and doesn't 3bet his 4-flushes, then you're looking at a full house or better for his value range right?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1972/1/

that means the median hand is actually 999TT so u dont' have the required 50-66% equity to 3bet. keep in mind some hands that beat you don't cap btw.
    • p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies

I actually read the article on median hands a couple of hours before the hand so really should have known better!

I'll go read it again...