[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR Nut flush on a double paired board.

• Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB:
      $15.00
      BB:
      $8.00
      UTG1:
      $12.99
      UTG2:
      $8.16
      MP1:
      $3.80
      MP2 (Hero):
      $20.04
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $6.82

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 5.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 2, 2, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.7) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($1.3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Final Pot: $3.5.

I openraise A5s from MP and small blind defends. I think his range is mainly pocket pairs or mb some nice looking connectors especially since we are 150 bb deep against each other, that was the first time he called from SB (not a huge sample size though) all other times it was 3bet or fold.

SB stats: 17/14 and 11.9% 3bet for 395 hands
      2.5 aggro factor and 25 WTS, fold to cbet 60%

I don't cbet on this flop since we can't represent much apart from overpairs and if he has any pocket pair he is probably calling. Turn is an interesting card, I would bet it for sure but instead SB leads for about 1/2 pot, since I have a lot of chances to improve I call (I don't see raising as an option since we checked behind on flop). River is a club but it is a 6 of clubs which double pairs the board so if he had 6 or 2 I am beat. He bet pretty big and I started to think if he can valuebet a pair (straight, flush) like 77-TT on this board despite a flush hitting and since it was a backdoor flush I convinced myself he actually could do that, now I after the hand I kinda think his bet sizing on the river was a little too big for a hand that seeks thin value.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Steelbrewer,

The problem with 77-TT is that I doubt he would bet that big on river. :) So practically only reasonable hand we might beat is a bluff. He doesn't seem to be very aggressive player either. But of course he may even have worse flushes here therefore it's really hard to fold for us and I guess I wouldn't fold either.

Best regards.