$1.95
      MP2:
      $1.53
      Hero:
      $1.97
      BU:
      $0.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) Q:diamond: , J:diamond: , T:diamond: (5 players)
      SB bets $0.1, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.78, BU folds, SB calls $0.68, MP2 raises to $1.51 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.95 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($3.90) 8:heart:
      River: ($3.90) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.90

Just for clearing things up... I can easily go broke with low flush, especially against 42/14 opponent, right? Had a bad run tonight, lol...
  • 5 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      for sure but please learn to isolate pre, limping sucks.

u can obv go broke here, v often will have worse hands, esp worse flushes since its limp pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

The only problem here is that we rarely will see worse flushesh. :P Of course there are couple combos but still I doubt that it will be often the case. We rather have to hope to be against something like 2pairs here or even made straights. Which can very likely even be the case, they are often overplaying such hands.

For that reason I guess it's hard to fold for us. They might play this way as well with a pair+FD type of hand.

Best regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      to fusionpk:

I don't like isolating calling stations with suited connectors, as I will have, even to check/fold them on the flop, if i won't hit anything. And i can extract a lot of value, even in unraised pot against calling station.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      You should really learn to isolate for value though, IP with a hand with good playability. You are going to be able to out play him for a bigger pot most of the time.

You are not so bad at NL2 because players/regs behind are bad and u can still get paid off/see cheap flops etc. but as you move up, you'll begin to realise you get ran over by limping behind rather than isolating.

By isolating too, you will less often see in this spot, a flush behind you, ppl are much more likely to limp behind you with suited Ax etc. than they are to call some 4x raise.

I think you are going to see in this spot Axs reasonably often, but apart from that there arn't many other flush combos that beat you (he can't have shit like T9s J9s J8s KQs etc.) so hes going to be having flushes more so like 56s 46s that he just limps p/f.

Anyway, the main point here is that he will get it in with a number of draws, TPs 2pairs, sets (i guess we can discount a bit but some of these limping morons..) I think often u will see naked Ad or pair+Ad etc. so its just bog std ship
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Thanks for clearing the things up. I've read some columns about Isolating calling stations, and obviously I've understood some concepts wrong. I re-read them now, and it's clear for me now. Suited connector, especially IP, it's clear isolation raise. Thanks again.

P.S. Evaluations forum and great community saves the day again!