The first 3 weeks of my poker "career"...

• Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I just played the Betfred New Depositor $1K freeroll; I had been preparing for it all week and this was my first BIG MTT tournament.

Almost a thousand entered. I set myself some goals.

[X] Make the bubble
      [X] Make the top 30
      [X] Make the final table (My first one too)
      [X] Make the top 6
      [X] Make the top 3
      [ ] Win....

I finished third, and won $100.

I'm very very happy... but a bit disappointed with how I went out. KK beaten by a 98o, which made a straight. But still.... I have one more ticket to play another tourney in 2 weeks!

My bankroll which was at $8 on August 1st... is now at $189

Not bad for 3 weeks work... :s_cool:
  • 5 replies
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Well done OP! Why don't you start playing the $1 6m SNG's to build your roll? $183 is good enough BRM as any.

If you haven't got any Poker software, I'd highly recommend that you purchase HEM while you have the money.

Good luck.
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Well done OP! Why don't you start playing the $1 6m SNG's to build your roll? $183 is good enough BRM as any.

If you haven't got any Poker software, I'd highly recommend that you purchase HEM while you have the money.

Good luck.
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen

Good luck.
      HEM or Poker Tracker is going to be purchased when I get my first student loan payment next month. I'm not wanting to withdraw anything or use my bankroll for anything other than playing poker yet.

I've never really tried a SNG; I probably should. Will do some studying on that over the next week before doing one.
    • brooksjohn
      brooksjohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zareos
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen

Good luck.
      HEM or Poker Tracker is going to be purchased when I get my first student loan payment next month. I'm not wanting to withdraw anything or use my bankroll for anything other than playing poker yet.

I've never really tried a SNG; I probably should. Will do some studying on that over the next week before doing one.
      OP you can get a free 15 day trial for HEM and 60 days days for PokerTracker3.

I would use PT3 first then HEM. You can export your hand history from PT3 for import to HEM so you won't lose any data. After the trial periods have expired you will know which you prefer and have enjoyed the benfits for 2 1/2 months :f_biggrin:
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      brooksjohn, YES! That's an awesome plan.... many gracias!

So far I've been using "poker charts" website, where you have to input the data yourself. It gets a tad boring if I'm honest.

Here is my first ever graph from the start of August until now: