tofu22

• 29 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi tofu :)

Congrats to your successfully finished school and welcome to the Beginners School again! :heart:

I've added your new fancy signature this morning, hope you like it ;)

As you are already experienced, it would be great if you help the beginners a little bit :)

Ingrid
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      yes thx for the badge, worked hard for it :f_biggrin: + being helpful is in my nature, so no worries.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I have no doubt about that tofu! :heart:
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

in the first school my motivations where much diffrent from now (how things change). then everything was a bit more :( . now things are much more :] or maybe even :D .

before i started the first school i was quite confident about my very :f_frown: game, but as the school progressed i became more confused about my decisions, had many more questions to answer, this might seem bad, but i feel it's excelent, this is what drives me to become better and progress, answering all these unknowns.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are doing during your games? Are you playing while tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write as many as you think are affecting you.)

in a lot of situations i find myself not knowing what to do, or why one line would be better then another, so as i said before lots of questions to answer.

i mostly make BIG mistakes at the beginning of my session when i'm still looking for tables and setting up stats and such and i'm not concentrating 100%. need to remember to play much tighter at the beginning.

can't think of any others at the moment, but theres probably more.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is, and why does it work.)

tight basically means that as a player you should be selective about your range prf and fold a lot post flop. post flop you shouldn't get too involved in marginal spots. i think tightness ties into manipulating the pot size, knowing when to make it big and when to keep it small.

aggression i guess is growing the pot as big as you can when appropriote, protecting your hand from draws, putting pressure on opps.
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Hey Luka.

Nice to see fellow Slovenian pokerplayers joining the school.
      If you'd like add me to skype and we can make a Slovenian study-group to discuss hands, strategy, homework an perhaps do a sweat session or two.

gl mate

• tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      thats a good idea, will add you as soon as i buy myself some headphones with a mic, which should be very soon.

good luck and good day to you as well
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tofu22,

Then maybe try sitting out on the tables while you have order all the tables? :) Or maybe you are playing too many tables?

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      edit post to 0 :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So how is it going so far? Anything you recognized in your play what you should change or I can help you out?
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      hey veriz, yes a few questions, thanks for asking :] , but i think they will be best answered in the hand evaluation forum (will be posting soon). realized i don't really know how to play suited connectors, i seem to mostly just ignore them.

been busy this week so my game has deteriorated, made a few really bad calls, which i'm quite ambaressed about. so lots more work for me X( .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There is nothing to be embarrassed about! Trust me, everybody started at some spot. Even if people post you critical feedback about your hand, just continue. You are there to learn. Some even can't post a hand? So who is learning more, you or the guy who ain't even posting?

You are doing very good work! Keep it going! I have faith in you.
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      dear veriz,

i still suck at poker.

i can't really explain this graph, i know there is cca. 30$ lost with bad calls + lost value in it + a few days of tilt, that's the things that i know of. is that EV line any indication at all of my play?

oh no, i'm a tight fish! there are a lot of cst players at 888 nl6 who keep on calling everything pf so i think i tightened up vs them, but still too tight?

with my game + being a bit lazy = almost 7$
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      i figured something out these past few days. the more i play the better i play (no shit :D ). my graph still looks like a mining expedition to the bottom of my BR, but i kind of think i'm playing ok.

to play good i must really be involved with poker every day, not like: maybe i'll play today and maybe i'll do some hand review, but like every day taking it seriously.

i know this ^ is stupid, but i never thought of it like this.
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      I think you've come to the right conclusion.
      No professional athlete can stay in good shape and achieve top results if he/she doesn't work on their skill, knowledge, stamina,...ect.... on a daily bases. The same thing goes for poker.
      I've noticed the same thing but unfortunately this month has been slow for me and I only played about 17k hands, and I can see the difference if I dont play for couple of days. I need more time to get in the mindset for playing, and usually make the biggest mistakes in the first 5-10 min of play and than keep going for an hour just to become break even...lol...

I hope your mining expedition ends soon and you go for the hills.

:s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      a) From the Graph:
      I could say that you might make too many bad calls when you are on loosing session. Which means that you gonna make loose call-downs, call loose river bets with just mid-pairs. Also Cold-calls overall.

b) From the Stats:
      Well, you could steal a bit more. :> At the moment you ain't stealing that much. In FR you can definitely steal a lot more. So loosen up your CO/BU range.

Also the ratio between VPIP/PFR ain't the best. You are could be calling too much as I said earlier about the graph that you could do too many cold-calls.
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bbosstjan

I hope your mining expedition ends soon and you go for the hills.

:s_biggrin:
      thx

In FR you can definitely steal a lot more.

oh it's that bad. i play SH. or maybe you ment SH?

i'm going with the assumption that since i was really busy this month and forgot to invest in study and such my game went to the dogs for a while there, really made some bad calls. i'm just really surprised how easily that can happen.

thx to you as well.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      oh it's that bad. i play SH. or maybe you ment SH?

Oh well yeah. Even for SH you can still widen up your stealing range. :D For a lot of people even the most money is made by playing LP. :D
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I don't really know about this one, i think this is more a question for FR (i never really played FR, only about 10k hands). In SH though, i really don't like raiseing 56s from MP, especially with the csts at my stakes, so i mostly fold them.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

nl6 sh Q8s HW2

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

46,32% equity for AKo
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Question 1: You are holding K :spade: Q :spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: ?

pre-flop: KsQs 50,78%

post-flop: now KsQs only has 26,46% equity