mizeriq

• 4 replies
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Welcome to our Beginners Course! Enjoy :)
    • mizeriq
      mizeriq
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I enjoy playing games and I enjoy winning.
      Thanks to the free $50, even in the worst case scenario I won't lose anything, while there's the possibility of becoming a winning player, so why should I skip this opportunity?

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I'm a pretty new player, so I generally just follow the charts, but I've noticed that I become too overconfident sometimes and underestimate the opposition leading to some really bad decisions on my side.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

Tight means playing a small selection of strong hands depending on your position at the table, while aggressive means you don't just call opponent's bets, but bet/raise yourself in order to pressure your opposition and force them to make mistakes. The more mistakes your opponents make, the more money you make.
    • mizeriq
      mizeriq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Huckebein
      Welcome to our Beginners Course! Enjoy :)
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mizeriq,

For the beginners I would strongly recommend following the Chart. It's the basic idea to become better player. You will start to understand why playing specific hands is important, why to play just strong hands. Also if you will get better then you will most likely even loosen up yourself.

Good luck in the course. :)