[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH. AJo 2pair, big pot vs aggro opp.

• Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Hey,

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.08)
      Hero ($17.60)
      CO ($22.89)
      BTN ($13.57)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:diamond:

CO raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.25) A:spade: K:club: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $3.60, Hero calls $2.30

TURN ($9.45) A:spade: K:club: 8:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.90, Hero calls $4.90

RIVER ($19.25) A:spade: K:club: 8:diamond: 9:heart: J:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $8.90, Hero calls $8 (AI)

His stats: 42/32/8 AF, 0 fold to 3bet, 44 WTSD.

Preflop I 3bet because he is not folding to 3bets at all, therefore I consider this as a value 3bet.
      On the flop I make a standard value bet, but get raised. AK is unlikely because he would often 4bet it preflop. A8 is more likely, but this type of opponent, IMO, has many worse random hands which he likes to bluff with, given his AF.
      On the turn I go for pot control as much as possible, and the size of his bet prices me in to call I guess. But I am not sure. Can I find a fold here?
      Now the river gives me Two pair. If we take out AK from his range, I beat all other 2pair hands and the only hands I could be seriously afraid of are 88, 99 and QT if he decided to go fancy on flop.

What could I have done better there?
      Thanks in advance
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pkrpains,

Totally disagree that he can't have AK here. Why do you think he would go broke here with AKo while even being almost 180BB deep? But overall I would even say that being so deep I might even rather just Call and play postflop against him than 3bet and then have hard time deciding either I can do this as a value-3bet or not if we get 4bet from him.

How many hands do you have on him? Do you expect the opponent even to bluff in those spots on flop? Myself I rarely doubt that he is bluff in 3bet pot here unless he really was thinking that your CBet size is a bit weak.

So therefore I don't really see many hands what we beat on flop, most likely only some bluff or at the best some semi-bluff like QJ/QT. But do you expect him to bluff in 3bet pot? I might even make the crying Bet/Fold without knowing anything about the opponent.

But as played as you went that far on river then you can't really fold anymore, we could argue about folding on turn since I doubt that he is going to continue there with semi-bluffs. He would rather just Check it behind and even vs such a bet size I'd consider folding be safer.

Best regards.