Wacko118

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Im 19 from the UK and have been playing poker on and off since i was 12 :P , go casually doing freerolls with no idea what i was doing when i was 14.

I made quite a bit last year on Full tilt playing Nl25 and cashed 2nd place in a 5k tourny but didnt really place much poker over this year. Now im back and struggling, with Nl10 :( , so hoping course will make a big difference to my game :)
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Wacko118 ,

Welcome to the Beginners Course!

Looking forward to see you on the forum and good luck with your study.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
      Ingrid
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Homework 1:

1) I play poker because its exicting and is challenging. I get to play against real people from all over the world and there is a satisfaction to winning. I play in the hope of making a bit of money from it and i have done in the past. Finally i play because i enjoy it! :)

2) Weaknesses are i feel when someone checks i have a tendancy to automatically considering betting and often end up doing so on incorrect boards. Another problem i have is i sometimes feel like i have to call even when im confident im beat. I dont tend to tilt a lot but occassionally if i am running well below Ev i will. I am unsure of how to really play strong Aces in 3 bet situations along with pocket Queens. As im unsure how strong i have to be to call or should i 4 bet or just fold out right. I feel i bet too much but i have been working on that in the last few weeks.

3) Tight aggressive means waiting for hands that have good playability post flop and strongly value betting with made hands to obtain maximum value. Folding when you think are behind and not over bluffing on wet boards or against fishy opponents. Playing a believeable range of hands but still being able to pull off the odd bluff if the board and opponent is suited to it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part. So practically trying to get an ego boost so in future you wont get negative feedback.

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.