NL10 SH stat evolution

• 17 replies
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      I'm no expert, defo wait to see what better players think, but it seems to me you're calling too much raises from the blinds and misplaying hands out of position.

Vs Late Position Raisers try to give up Small Pockets (66-22), as they don't give you too much room to bluff (you'll have 2 outs most of the time) and you'll often have to ch/f flops to their weak range. Replace those small pockets with hands that flop good draws and allow you to semibluff at some pots - suited connectors, suited one-gappers. With them you can often pull off a flop ch/raise which will have quite a lot of Fold Equity, as frequent oRaisers tend to Cbet 100% of their wide range when it's checked to them.

You should also be 3betting sometimes with both of those hand-categories as well. But if you don't feel comfortable with doing it (i.e. you don't know how to play post-flop vs certain kinds of opponents), then you're better off leaving it out and it will not be a huge leak.
      Try 3betting a wider range against frequent open-raisers (i.e 99+, ATs+, AJo+ ) which will give you a chance to take it down pre-flop, and a fair chance of them calling you with worse. Keep up the aggression and think in ranges.

It also seems you're Cbetting a bit too much in the blinds, read up on what Flops&Opponents are good for Cbetting and which are not. Vs tight opponents in BvB situation, who play fit or fold, I very often end up Cbetting every Ahigh and Khigh flop and most of the time I take it down. Vs Loose opponents, [even though I steal from them with a tighter range] I often have to give up if they call me on the flop or not Cbet at all if texture is dodgy.

This imo should improve your situation a little. I might be wrong though, therefore i'm curious what others think about it.

Hope that helps.
      Matt
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      thanks for ur reply matt.
      w8ing for some more advices :)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I'm concerned by your flat PFR% from early position through the button. That seems like you aren't aware of position. If you are 3 off the button, what range do you raise? If it is folded to you on the button, what range do you raise? (Assume whatever you like about the blinds.) These should be very different ranges. You should be much looser on the button. I think you are getting yourself into trouble by raising hands like A8o from 3 off the button, while missing profitable opportunities to raise hands like 87s on the button.

Your cbet percentages seem low. You should be cbetting much more often than that when you see the flop with one other player.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      what do u mean by "from 3 off the button", u mean UTG?
      and i depends what i flat PFR's with, if the guy folds to 3bets way too often i flat AJ/AQ type of hands and 3bet garbage.
      of the guy folds to 3bet like 50%-70% i start 3betting better hands too
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      IMO, and what pzhon tried nicely to tell you, you lack positional awareness. You have the same PFR from every position. Lower it from UTG (pockets, AJo+, ATs+ KQ, KJs), maybe loosen up a bit with a tight table.

But from the button, you should be open raising much much wider. Depending on the blinds, exact range varies, but deffo much wider than 16%. Try 30ish.
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Imo:

As it was already said you are not postionally aware. You should open way wider from CO/BU. You dont play enough hands from those positions and are missing +ev spots. You can 3bet more cuz players on micro limits are easily exploitable. Squeze more. ( same reasons as 3betting) You flop cbet is too small. Also you are not fighting enough for pots postflop.(w$wsf is too low) You easily give up. Raise some flops, donk some flops, raise some turns... but dont do it blindly always have a good reason and a plan for that play.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ensyfer
      Imo:

As it was already said you are not postionally aware. You should open way wider from CO/BU. You dont play enough hands from those positions and are missing +ev spots. You can 3bet more cuz players on micro limits are easily exploitable. Squeze more. ( same reasons as 3betting) You flop cbet is too small. Also you are not fighting enough for pots postflop.(w$wsf is too low) You easily give up. Raise some flops, donk some flops, raise some turns... but dont do it blindly always have a good reason and a plan for that play.
      +1
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      mbml's three part video series "Perfecting Pre-Flop Play" should solve all or most of your positional problems, it's a great watch (for every player regardless of their level).

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/13550/

Good luck
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      thanks guys.
      im trying out new style now, even made myself a hand chart and atm looks good :)
      tho as said need to try to win some more w/o SD.
      and need to remember to 3bet plarised from BU and depolarised from sb/bb.
      oh and depolarised is like KJ/KQ/AJ/AQ/AK TT+ right?
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      thanks guys.
      im trying out new style now, even made myself a hand chart and atm looks good :)
      tho as said need to try to win some more w/o SD.
      and need to remember to 3bet plarised from BU and depolarised from sb/bb.
      oh and depolarised is like KJ/KQ/AJ/AQ/AK TT+ right?
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      kind of, from what I understood depolarised means more value hands than bluffs and polarised means 50/50 or even slightly more bluffs than value hands.

this would make sense, as we want to have a stronger range OOP, as people will be calling our 3bets more often IP.
      on the other hand, on the BTN when we have position we can 3bet a healthy portion of bluffs because we'll have position post-flop and also will win it straight away more frequently.

of course this all depends on opponents, our table image and ranges!
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inlovewithamsterdam
      kind of, from what I understood depolarised means more value hands than bluffs and polarised means 50/50 or even slightly more bluffs than value hands.
      I understood polarised to be precisely 50/50, and depolarized to be more of one than the other, either more bluffs than value or more value than bluffs.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      yeah, that's right - that makes much more sense.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      hmm... :f_confused: :f_confused:

polarized = 50/50 or 20/80 or 80/20. Basically if we include some % for bluff that's it.
      depolarized = 100% for value

Someone clarify?
    • SrintNZ
      SrintNZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by patszerdonk
      hmm... :f_confused: :f_confused:

polarized = 50/50 or 20/80 or 80/20. Basically if we include some % for bluff that's it.
      depolarized = 100% for value

Someone clarify?
      A polarized range includes bluffs and value hands, usually weighted towards value unless the villain is folding far to much.

At these stakes not much need to be balancing your ranges
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      My understanding is that polarized means your range conceptually looks like

foldfoldfoldfoldfoldfold raiseraise callcallcall Raise

There is a gap in the middle of your raising range. In the gap you just call.

A nonpolarized range conceptually looks like

foldfoldfoldfoldfoldfold callcallcall raiseraiseRaise.

The "raise" hands are raises with the intention of folding to another raise, while you continue with the "Raise" hands.

Against good players with the popular styles, it is common to use a polarized range for 3-bets with position, and a nonpolarized range for 3-bets out of position. This assumes your opponents will rarely flat-call out of position, but will often flat-call in position, and that your opponents are not giving you an immediate profit by folding too often to your 3-bets.

This is an advanced concept. Many casual players and inexperienced serious players will not consider using a polarized range. If you see them flat AJ, it means their reraising range is very strong. If they reraise AT, then their calling range is weak. The result is that they raise/fold hands they could have played more profitably with position. However, in some soft games many people flat 3-bets out of position so there isn't much value in polarizing your 3-betting range in position. I assume this is the case in most NL $10 games.
    • SrintNZ
      SrintNZ
      Bronze
      A polarized range is turning hands which do not otherwise have value, or will have more value if they are 3bet.

This is to 3bet hands such as Axs and Kxs which have blocker and draws to the nuts, the point in using such hands is to have blockers to their nut hands such as AK,KK,AA.

At 10nl you will find two kinds of villains, villains which exploitably fold to to many 3bets, often 80%+ over large sample sizes, 4bet AA,KK,AK,QQ and flat a small part of their range, vs these villains 3bet a polarized range. If they are opening loose flat alot of hands for value such as JJ,AQ and 3bet the weaker parts of your range which you may not be able to make value with in a single raised pot

You will also find villains which have very low F23B (50% and less) who you will 3bet with a depolarized range because they will be flatting with hands such as 85s, 910s, JQs, so you can dominate them, and keep them in the pot by 3betting a range such as 99+,A10s+,AJo+,KQo