This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA mono flop

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      HoldemManager
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      SB is a fishy maniac, small sample. so pretty happy to play a 3bet pot in position.
      when he donks it seems to me like a weak block bet, so is it standard raise?
      i know im sort of turning my hand into a bluff because i dont want a call, although i think i can rep nut FD or KK i guess. but when he raises on this board i cant continiue is there any other way i can play this hand?

Stacks:
      BTN ($5.27)
      SB ($3.39)
      Hero (BB) ($6.53)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 3 players) Hero is BB A:club: A:spade:
      BTN folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.46, SB calls $0.31

Flop: K:heart: J:heart: 5:heart: ($0.92, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $1.04, SB raises to $1.93, $0.89 to Hero ($5.03)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

It's a 3bet pot and I rarely doubt that I would get it away from here. He might even play this way with any kind of Kx type of hand and of course maybe even just a FD type of hand. Plus his stack ain't even full so I am also going broke in this spot.

But that's true that often such a play as min-bet on flop and then when they continue 3betting like this it's often a trap.

Best regards.