fotakis

• fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      I come from Greece and I play cash games at Pokerstars NL25. After 40K I am -20bb/100!!!.
      I study very hard but probably something goes wrong. May be tilt, may be mistskes....
      I hope the course to help me.
  • 9 replies
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Thanks for registering for the course, fotakis!

I'm sure this course can turn you into a winning player in no time if you study hard enough! :f_biggrin:

Best of luck,

Marc
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I like playing poker for many reasons, most of them has to do with the improvement of my personality. Analytical thought, discipine, patience, focus on long term, manage people, concentration, handle losses and many others.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Going to tilt when losing (hate-loosing tilt).
      Going to get rostucko.
      Paying many hands preflop.
      3-betting too much.
      Calling 3-bets too much.
      Trying to force opponents to fold (3barrel bluffs) too often.
      Big mistakes on the river.

What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Play tight-aggresive means play few premium hands by betting and resaing, mainly. This puts pressure to opponents and they get prune to mistakes.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fotakis,

It seems that you have a huge problem with tilt. Which definitely costs you a lot money every session which is a loosing session for you.
      Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      Hand evaluation NL25 AK Vs steal
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by fotakis
      I did re-reevaluate your hand. :) Did few changes there.
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by fotakis
      I did re-reevaluate your hand. :) Did few changes there.
      There are some different opinions on your re-reevaluation. Any opinion???
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Which one would you prefer or which one do you think is better to follow? Of course the 3bet is doable but now again can we get called by worse hands? :) Lets say for example he is always raising like that, would you still 3bet against that kind of nit?
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?

I think I would resteal from blinds with AQ, AJ,AT because these hands are ahead at blind batles. So if someone raise (from LP) AQ, AJ, AT is reraise.

Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play.

[INVALID EMAIL]
      I know that KQs is not at the SHC, but imo it was OK.

What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo?

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

I tried to do by hand, but I failed:

AKo 12 combinations
      88+ 40 combinations
      KQs 3 combinations
      AJs 3 combinations

Against KQs we are 70%-30% favorite (they have 3 outs)
      Agiainst AJs we are 79%-30% favotrite (they have 3 outs)
      Against 88+ ????????
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

It's actually totally fine even to re-steal with those kind of hands. But you have to keep in mind that if you get 4bet that you have to be also ready to fold the hand. Since our plan to 3bet with those kind of hands is practically to go for the fold equity rather than value.

Also about doing those kind of calculations by hand I wouldn't really advice to do. Investing too much time but while you could just use equilab. :D

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.